Chapter 1- Intrigued

"We should go to another bar," The drunk man slurred his words, his drunken feet stumbling over the air beneath them. Balance at the moment foreign to him.

"Haha~ good idea.. But is that *hiccup* smarrtt~" A short woman behind him fumbled slightly leaning on a wall for support, clearly just as intoxicated as the man and his brother, his pace slow behind them.

The lanky man was just about to reply but while he was lazily turning to face her, he ran into a man.. well, demon.

"Watch it prick!" he slurred, his eyes taking a second to even find the man's half-covered face, his vision through the door from alcohol. His face was half covered by a white hat.

The demon just paused for a second having been called a prick, soon deciding to walk away.

"Hey! Not *hiccup* even gonna say sorry, that's rude you know!" The drunk man grabbed his shoulder turning him slightly to look him in the eye. "Damn, you look sick! Ha, you-" his words never being finished, silence replacing them. He didn't even get to finish his sentence before Muzan punched him straight into a brick wall, his neck and skull shattering upon impact. Blood already making its way onto the cracked pavement below his feet, only then did the woman scream, running to the side of her dead friend. The much larger brother stepped towards Muzan, raising his arm to strike the "man" before him, only to receive a swift and lethal kick to the chest. His body flew up before making a loud smack when hitting the pavement, blood effortlessly filling the cracks of the ground.

The woman could only avoid the pooling blood of her friends and stare in terror and shock, just tearful eyes staring at her motionless friends. Her eyes soon wasting no time to look up at their murderer. Her body freezing as he knelt beside her.

"Do I look a bit sickly? Do I look pale?" He asked gently placing his hand on her cheek, his eyes threatening, his calm demeanor hiding one of absolute anger. She could easily sense the danger as his crimson eyes locked onto her brown ones. Her mind racing, 'Why is he asking me this!? What does he want..' she thought to herself frantically while sobs escaped her.

As no actual words escaped her, Muzan pulled his hand away from her cheek, and before the woman even had time to react, Muzan stabbed his finger through her forehead, the sound of her skull cracking and blood slowly streaming down her face.

"What do you think would happen if I gave you too much of my blood, hmm? Answer - you die. Your human body is unable to withstand the rapid transformation," He says nonchalantly, her whimpers and groans turned into a gurgling pained sound. Muzan stood up backing away slightly, watching the woman bubble up and then seemingly melt away.

Snapping his fingers, two demons almost instantly appeared behind him.

"Master," they say simultaneously. "There's a demon slayer who wears hanafuda earrings. I want you to bring me his head,"

"Yes master," They both say once again in unison before disappearing just as fast as they came.

Muzan stood there for a second in silence, the feeling of being watched. He looked over towards the loud and busy streets of Asakusa. A figure of a woman, her eyes staring straight at him, her face void of any surprise, shock, or fear having just seen what Muzan did in the alley. One strange thing was, that Muzan could sense enjoyment or curiosity from the woman as she stood there. Curious, Muzan slowly lifted his index finger, gently over his lips. Motioning to her to keep quiet. Muzan had almost hoped she would run away in fear, a chase and a meal for him. But in response, she raised her hand, "zipping her mouth shut and locking it", a smirk on her face as she did the motions, soon turning away, but before she disappeared around the corner, she "threw the key away" promising she wasn't to say a word.