𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑: 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

Beginne am Anfang

"I am not weird..."

"Right, right, you're just 'special'." 

Giselle scoffed, Charlie just chuckled. She leaned back just like he did and for a moment the same comfortable silence came back. 

"Do you hear that?" Charlie whispered. This time when Giselle looked at him, his eyes were closed and his lips were curved into the slightest smile.

"Hear what?" She said louder than intended.

"The waves."

Giselle closed her eyes, but she couldn't hear it. "All I hear are people."

"You have to listen for them, genius."

"You know I've never pinned you as that sort of guy."

"'That sort of guy,' what does that even mean?"

"I don't know, I've just never seen you as the type to 'listen for the waves."

Charlie seemed to be grinning again, Giselle noticed that he had the slightest imprint of a dimple on his cheek. "Well, maybe I could surprise you."

For a moment they locked eyes before he seemed to blink and look straight ahead again. Giselle barely knew about his personal life, yet something told her that there was definitely more to this guy than she thought.

"And you think I'm the weird one," Giselle muttered.

"Hey, I heard that."

"You were supposed to," she smirked.

~~~

M. Bourne

"Sir, a notification just came in from somewhere in the south, we need you to take a look at it." Bourne looked up and saw a disturbed and tired-looking assistant stand before him. 

"Alright, thank you, Darla, give me five more minutes."

She nodded and quickly left. The office had been buzzing over the past twenty-four hours. Bourne couldn't put his finger on it, but somehow they hacked into their satellite and managed to mix everything up.

Closing his laptop, he walked out of his office and was quickly brought over to the next room where people from all kinds of departments were trying to figure out how to fix the mess they were in.

"Bourne, look, the dot stopped."

"Be more specific, Nathan," Bourne crossed his arms to prevent him from pushing any of these overworked folks out of the way.

The rookie of the tech crew made a way out of the mound of people so Bourne could see for himself.

"The satellite, it's working?" Bourne asked.

"Seems to be working for this software only, Mr. Bourne, but I don't think that's your biggest worry right now."

"What's my biggest worry?"

"The dot that was tracking the van... it stopped."

Bourne immediately made his way to the monitor. "Well, do you have the coordinates?"

The young guy opened a file and started typing rapidly. "Right here... that seems to be the location."

Bourne let out a deep breath. Thank you, Lord!

"Make sure the team is still working on fixing the hacking issue, I'll see it myself that our agents down there receive the news."

"What are you going to do?"

Bourne turned and looked at the young man. "I've got to make sure everyone's alright! Send the location to my invoice, I need a digital print."

A pile of nods and understanding followed, everyone scrammed to their separate corners to try to figure out what else needed to be done.

Hurrying back to his office, Bourne picked up the phone and dialled Vanessa.

"Hello?"

"Vanessa, you'll never guess what I found!"

"Who is this?" Another voice came from the other end.

"Sorry, I must have called the wrong number."

"No... this was the right one, Agent Bourne."

"Now, who is this?" Bourne stood still while trying to determine the deep voice coming from the phone.

A chuckle sounded from the other end, a few other voices were muffled in the background.

"Now, now, dear nephew... just tell me what you found."

"I'm afraid you're mistaken, I'll be ending the call now-"

"Oh, dear boy... it's good to hear you're doing well."

Bourne's heart began to pick up the pace, he started growing frustrated with this scammer.

"Excuse me, who is this?"

"I knew we've grown apart, but I didn't think you'd never recognize your own uncle."

There was a pause and more muffled voices sounded in the background. Waving his arm to get someone's attention, he motioned for Darla to track the call.

"Now, didn't you say you have something to tell me?"

"I-I'm sorry for wasting your time, I'll be ending the call now."

"Oh, Micheal... it's a good thing you've got angels watching over you."

Bourne slammed the phone down before anything else was said. Heated anger started washing over him.

"Darla, who was that?"

Darla shook her head. "I'm not sure, boss, why?"

Bourne began to pace through his office. "I just need you to track down that call, immediately."

The woman nodded and went over to the team.

"Oh, Micheal... it's a good thing you've got angels watching over you."

Bourne paced and paced, questions were rushing through his mind so fast he had to sit down in order not to collapse.

Who was that? And how do they know my name?

A/N

thoughts, predictions or comments? 

i'd like to see what all of you think is going to happen...

is there any confusion yet???

[stay tuned for more!!]