(23)

About a month had passed and it was almost time for Dayvon's 6th birthday. I was so emotional about the whole thing because he was getting so tall and his speech was starting to improve better than it already was. He ran in my room one day and said "Mama when is my party?" Me: "Ion know baby you gotta talk to ya daddy bout dat." He ran out and said "Dad!" Von: "Huh" Dayvon: "Mama said..." I heard him stomping downstairs then I shook my head and did my hair.

Me and Von was gonna drop Dayvon off wit Yvette and Silk then we were going to get him some stuff for his birthday before I had to go to work. I walked downstairs and Von said "Whooooo!" I laughed and he gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek. Von: "Yessirrr" Dayvon: "What's my presents?" Von: "Don't worry bout it. Frfr you shouldn't be gettin shit since youn know how to act in school"

His teacher had called home a few times in the past week tellin us that he was always up out of his seat and he was real talkative. Dayvon: "But it's my birthday" Von: "Ion care." Dayvon: "So ion get to have a birthday party?" Von: "You is. But if we get another call bout you actin up, we gon take allat shit away." Dayvon: "Ight bet" I started laughing then I said "He been around you too much 😭"

Von was smiling then he said "Dats my lil twin. Come on." I let them walk out in front of me then I locked the door and went to the car. Von took us to his parents house then we got out and knocked. Yvette answered and said "Hey y'all" Dayvon: "Hi Gramma" Yvette: "Look at you gettin so tall! You gon be as tall as ya mama soon" Me: "I know.." Von: "You gon watch him for a cuppa hours Mama?" Yvette: "Mhm."

Von: "Ight preciate you" He kissed her cheek then we walked back to the car. By the time we got to the mall, I only had about an hour before I had to go to work. Von: "What we finna get him?" Me: "Buy him some new shoes and a lil outfit or whateva. Issa lil toy store onna 2nd floor across from my job too. I aint been in there yet." Von: "Ight bet come on"

We walked in the store and they had EVERYTHING for kids. Von: "Damn where tf was dis shit at when I was a kid?" Me: "Frr 😭 Look at dis shit mane." I found a toy car that came with a racetrack and Von said "He gon love dat 😂" Me: "I knoww." We spent a few minutes looking around then Von came up to me with a big ass lego set. Me: "You sure you want him to have dat?"

Von: "Nigga dis for me. Fuck you tammat" I started laughing then I said "Really? We came here for Dayvon 😭" Von: "I'm da OG Dayvon my nigga." I rolled my eyes and said "Fine." He smiled and kissed my cheek then he said "Preciate you ma" After we had bought everything for his birthday, I walked Von out to the car and said "Imma see you later"

Von: "Lemme walk you back to da store" Me: "Imma be ight." He put all the bags in the car and said "I'm takin you back." Me: "You aint got to." Von: "Well I am." I just shook my head and grabbed his arm. When we got in the store Kim ran up to me and said "Hey boo!!" Me: "Hi 🤣" Kim: "Hey Vonnnn. Where you been at? You needa apply here again" Von: "Nah I'm lookin at another place."

Kim: "Mm chile Dion in here all ova Lai." Me: "Girl you bein messy 😭" Von: "Fuck dat nigga." Me: "Period bae." Von: "As long as Lai stay to herself I'm straight." Q came out and squealed then he said "Best frienddddd!" He ran up to me and hugged me then he said "Bitch guess what?" Me: "Huh?" Q: "Teresa big body ass don't work here no mo!" Me: "Whattt? Fr?" Q: "Yass"

Kim: "And Q is the new manager since he been workin here the longest 🙄" Q: "And cus I have the most experience. Bitch, I should fire you" Me: "Oop." Kim: "Girl bye fuck you and dis job" Q: "Get to steppin den bitch" Kim: "You wouldn't fire me." Q: "I would if I had to. Anywhooo I'm not gon be all on yalls dick like Teresa was but y'all aint gon be standin around not doin shit doe okay?"