(14)

A week had passed and the day Von had to go to court finally arrived. I let Dayvon stay with Von's parents the night before so he didn't have to deal with getting ready for court. I didn't really want Dayvon to have too much knowledge on stuff like that but it was getting hard because he knows a lot for his age. Me and Von had to be at the courthouse before 10am so I got him up at 9am to get ready. He rolled over and said "I aint tryna go to dis stupid ass shit." Me: "You have to." Von: "If dat nigga wasn't talkin out his neck den dat shit wouldn't have happened." Me: "And if you had listened to what I had told you, you wouldn't be innis predicament." Von: "Ion care. Dat nigga not bout to be talkin shit bout my son. Aint nun wrong wit dat boy." Me: "I know... Get up." He rolled back over and started pulling the blanket up so I sucked my teeth and said "Von." Von: "Wassup ma" Me: "Get up." He ignored me and stayed still then I got up and pulled the blanket off of him. Von: "Mane you doin too much." Me: "Get tf up." He yanked the blanket out my hands and laid back down. I grabbed his foot and tried pulling him off the bed but he was too heavy. Von: "Yeen gettin nowhere wit dat bae 😂" Me: "Von I aint even playin witchu no mo. Get up" He closed his eyes and I sighed then I said "Imma tell you one mo time. If youn get up then-" Von sucked his teeth and said "Da hell you gon do?" Me: "You gon see if youn get up out dis damn bed." Von: "Well shidd I'm tryna see ma." Me: "Dayvon." Von: "Aye chill wit da full name." Me: "Mr. Bennett, get tf up please." Von: "Ew stop." Me: "Get up and I will." He rolled over again so I said "Ight bet. I know what imma do." He turned his head and stared at me then he said "What?" Me: "Nah don't even worry bout it. If you go back to jail den dats on you. I'll get my second job back and go back to what I was doing in the 3 years you wasn't around." He sucked his teeth and sat up then he said "Aint nobody goin back girl." Me: "There's a possibility." Von: "So? I aint goin back." Me: "I'm hoping for the best and preparing for the worst..." Von: "Don't." Me: "I'm sorry I just... Ion know. Nevermind just get up please." He stared at me until I rolled my eyes. Von: "Don't be rollin yo eyes at me 🤣"

I went in the bathroom and locked the door. I heard him say "Lai... Lai!" Me: "What?" Von: "Whatchu plottin?" Me: "I aint plottin nun bae. Whatchu plottin?" Von: "Nah you bein too friendly." Me: "As usual boo. Don't act surprised." Von: "You up to something bad." I shook my head and stripped down to my bra and underwear then I unlocked the door. Me: "Nope." Von: "Nah why you take so long to answer? Whatchu doin?" I stepped in the bedroom doorway and he turned around and said "Dayum. Come here" Me: "Get up." He sucked his teeth then he said "Dis a set up. You tryna be bait." Me: "Mhm." Von: "Come here. Fuck is you bein complicated for?" Me: "Cus you won't get up 😭. Just get up Von." He stared at me for a few seconds then he said "Come here and I'll get up." Me: "You is a liar." He laughed and said "I aint lyin ma come here." I unclipped my bra and put my hands over my chest then I threw the bra at him. Me: "Get up." He started licking his lips then he jumped up and said "Come here." Me: "Uhnt uhn you needa get ready 😂" Von: "Nah bruh you said if I got up-" Me: "Quit lyinnn I aint say shit 😭" He laughed and said "Lai come here." Me: "Get dressed first." Von: "What imma wear? You needa help me." Me: "Boy bye. You been to court before." Von: "Yea but maybe I want my wifey to dress me." Me: "I can call ya mama! She good at dressin you up for court." He sucked his teeth and shook his head. Von: "Man neva mind 😒" Me: "Get dressed boo." He opened the closet then he pulled out a dress shirt with a black tie. Me: "Mhmm." Von: "Shut up." Me: "Aw you mad cus I covered my tiddies? 🤣" Von: "Nah cus you know whatchu doin." Me: "I sholl do. It's the only way to get yo ass up out da bed." He put the shirt on and stared at me the whole time then he walked over to the mirror and tied his tie. Von: "Where my pants at?" Me: "Look inna drawer." He opened the drawer and kept staring at me through the mirror so I laughed and said "Boo." Von: "Come here bruh." Me: "Finish getting dressed." Von: "I gotta tell you sum." Me: "You can tell me from right here." Von: "Nah issa secret." Me: "We da only ones inna house. You funny doe 😂" Von: "Mane come here." Me: "Put yo clothes on."