Chapter Eleven: Hear Me

Drexler blinked open his eyes. Bright morning sun beat down on his naked body. Squinting against the painfully bright sunlight, he took in the roof of the hotel. Leaning his head back against the railing he blew out a breath of relief.

"That was just a dream. Fuck, did that feel all too real. My mind is playing games on me now because of the danger she's in. Great time to start playing these fucking games." He curses himself. Worried that he might still be experiencing some of the tranquilizers effect but his body felt brand new, better even. He awoke invigorated and vibing with excessive energy. Could be the result of the long nap he took.

"Seems I've lost a whole day. Shit." He looked down at the parking lot below and hoped that his luck would hold out like last time and he'll catch her. Disappointed but not surprising, there was no sign of Mia anywhere.

"Shit. I don't have a phone. I can't call her. I'm naked with no clothes right now. This isn't looking too good right now. I need to find some clothes if I hope to do anything, or I'll find myself on the quick route to lockup. The last place he wants to be.

"Think. Think. Think." He furrowed his brows. He treaded circles on the roof contemplating a plan. The hot concrete burning into the soles of his feet.

The door to the roof swung open and a man dressed in dirty covered overalls came through with a tool bag slung over his shoulder. The door slammed shut behind him before he lifted his head and saw Drexler standing in his naked glory in the center of the roof.

They both stared at each other in shock. Drexler quickly collected himself. "Well, this is awkward. Say, you wouldn't happen to have any clothes on you would you? When the man didn't say anything he just continued to stare.

Drexler took the man in. He was about the same height as Drexler, slightly smaller, less of a muscular frame. The first part of his plan started to unfold in his mind.

"Say, What size are you?" Drexler smiles, his fangs flashing.

Drexler quickly moved through the hotel doing his best to avoid people. He left the repair man behind in his underwear. The clothing at first glance looked fitting. The t-shirt was too tight and pulled tight across his chest with each step. It felt ready to rip, it's almost like he could hear the distress of the fabric of his shirt. The overalls were also small and came down to his calves. Drexler even had to rip the leg just to fit his calf through.

Still better than nothing. Worst thing that could happen is getting arrested for public indecency. Turning down the hall he found the elevators. Pressing the down button he sat impatiently. Anxiety crept up his spine. His thoughts were on Mia. He had to find her. Last thing he remembered was that she was with Kevin. Could she still be with kevin?

No doubt with Drexler out of the picture, Kevin probably believes he has a shot. Maybe he does after Drexler blew his chance with Mia. The elevator chimed, it's doors revealing it's empty cage. Steeling himself he jumped in the small box and took it to the ground level. How can he find Kevin? He asked himself. He wondered about what he knew about him.

Drexler quickly pushed his way out of the elevator as soon as the doors opened to the lobby. Walking across the floor, the misshapen boots on his feet clack against the pristine flooring. The receptionist was a middle aged woman.

Her graying brown hair was tied up into a bun. A pair of glasses hung around her collar. A serene smile plastered to her face, she smiles at him and beckons him over.

"How can I help you?" She asks. Her eyes look him over, one brow raising slightly.

"Ya, sorry but I was wondering if you could help me. I came to town looking for a friend of mine. His name is Kevin Fawn. Know him?"