Chapter Two: First Encounter

With a groan Drexler rolled over in his bed, the sheets cold to the touch. Cracking one eye open he saw the creamy skin of a woman's ass swaying as she tiptoed out of his room. As soon as his apartment door clicked shut he rolled over swatting a hand across his face.

"Damn it. At least she took the hint and left on her own. Still though, I wasn't exactly expecting her to stay the night." Wiping the sleep from his face he slowly swung his legs around the edge of the bed.

Drexler moves to the floor to ceiling window that holds an amazing view of the Windy City that so many love. He on the other hand does not. The loud noises and congestion is more than enough for him to hate the place.

Drexler has been running for what feels like forever. It's been twenty two years since he ran. Twenty two years since he killed his Father. Twenty two years when he lost everything. Twenty two years of waking up with fear in everyone's eyes. Always constantly attacking him in his sleep. He can hear their echoing cries as they call him a Monster. Especially Mia.

Drexler placed his palm against the cold glass and stared at the lakefront. "Run from a place I love to a place I ended up hating. I truly am cursed." The soft scent of perfume invaded his senses. Cocking his head over his shoulder he looked around the room, the messy bed, the pile of clothes randomly thrown about.

"Well, guess I should check to see if she stole anything." He grabbed the clothes from the floor and tossed them into the corner basket. Moving to the bed he quickly made it before plopping back down across the soft mattress.

Stretching, his hands slid under the pillows touching the headboard and something else that teased his fingertip. Curious he hooked the fabric and pulled it out. A black, lacey thong stared at him.

The pang in his heart drummed again. He wished he could have something steady. He wanted to be a boyfriend, a husband, anything, even a son. But he's too dangerous to have anyone close to him, he learned that the hard way. He'll only hurt those he loves anyways, best he kept all relationships simple.

Still, Drexler is growing tired of pretending to pretend. He wasn't even sure what he was or was supposed to be. All he knew is that he had a monster in him, or maybe it was only him. Doesn't matter how much time passes, he still couldn't tell which one was him, Drexler, the human or the Monster.

Drexler's phone rang from the corner nightstand. Rolling across the bed he snatched the phone up.

"Yes?" He grumbles. He hated talking on the phone.

"How about a, 'Hi, how are you?' cause, you know, that would probably sound better."

"Griffin. It's my day off so what is it that's so important?"

"Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Anyways, stop your griping, I may have a job for you if you want the extra cash." Griffin says, a hopeful note in his tone. Griffin knew that Drexler was always looking for work.

"Why don't you tell me what it is instead. And tell me, don't go beating around the bush with your stories. Just give it to me straight." Griffin has a way for making requests long, very long. Usually a story accompanies these requests, and Drexler just didn't have the patience to withstand it.

"Fine, fine. You really are a sad fellow. Anyways, besides your sad life I got a job from one of my clients. He wants somebody who he can trust to pick someone up from the airport." The ceiling fan swirled above, the beating blades made the base wobble a tad. The morning sun began to rise, pouring into his bedroom.

"This is what you're calling me for? To be a goddamn escort service?" Drexler barks into the receiver.

"Want the money or not? I could just give it to someone else, I mean that's not a problem..." Griffin says, ignoring Drexlers' complaints.

Suddenly A Monsterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें