Chapter 11: Momo Yaoyorozu

It has already been twenty minutes and Izuku Zoldyck is still waiting for his turn on that race. He didn't mind. He can observe his possible classmates. But what amazes him is that the course changes thanks to an interesting quirk of one of the teachers for every race. 

Izuku has learned about Cementoss. He knows what to expect but seeing the hero's quirk in action is still pretty amazing. Mic became noisy again announcing who came first and so on. That Inasa guy... beat that scarface kid last second. He found it amazing. But what amuses him more is that a rivalry seemed to have formed. 

Izuku might look lax but he's internally creeped out. It seems that principal Nezu has no intention of letting his eyes off of Izuku. Is it normal for the school principal to look at his students for almost thirty freaking whole minutes? Izuku would never know the answer, not until he gets the chance to ask Aizawa.

Because Izuku is an introvert who learned no social skills from Killua, Aizawa (who told him that social gatherings are a waste of time.), Hitoshi (because he's also an introvert and only has Izuku to consider as a real friend.)... Izuku sat alone at the very corner sit available. While others gathered and chat in their own group, whether they are new acquaintances or old, Izuku could only wish he has Hitoshi by his side or Aizawa. Izuku could obviously see that most of the others ridiculed him.

Heightened senses, his hearing could definitely reach the teacher's comments from where he sat, the teachers' slash judges' area was all the way to the other side in between the massive obstacle course... so why wouldn't he hear these prideful brats? Aizawa must be rubbing off on him. The habit of calling children 'brats', Problem Child is already an honorary nickname to have.

'he's probably too weak to share his quirk with us.'

'is he a rebel or something? he's giving scary vibes...'

'he's really suspicious.'

'ignoring us as if he is the strongest here...'

Izuku could only frown internally. He kept his face straight, calm, and a small smile he managed to make with the thought of how idiotic and mean others are. 'Too much of a prideful people like them won't make a success.' a lesson from Aizawa.

"..., and Izuku Zoldyck!" He heard his name called. He smirked as a show of excitement. Once at the starting line with the other three, Cementoss used his quirk to change the course. Seeing it up close, literally close is much better! Izuku shifted into starting position... at least have effort and technique for the show.

Aizawa sighed. Izuku didn't really have to bend down like a professional track and field race professional. For him, the kid looked dumb. 'He dared play around.' He thought angrily. Aizawa couldn't do anything about it. His scary intimidating face doesn't work on the kid, and there is no quirk to erase. 

Mic yelled 'GO' and go the four students went. Izuku didn't even take ten seconds to finish the race. Yawning at the end of the race, stretching like nothing amazing happened, Aizawa is pretty sure that the youngest Zoldyck is showing off. 

Students watching couldn't help but be amazed or be doubtful. Most talked about his quirk. Two debated that it was superspeed, the other said it was teleportation. They would only be disheartened when they would learn that Izuku is actually quirkless. 

Of course with amazing abilities, saying the fact that he is quirkless won't be acceptable since it would cause chaos, confusion, and a lot of issues. So... Aizawa came up with this amazing excuse for the name. 'Energy Manipulation: Rank S'. Where in explanation, Izuku uses the different types of energy (kinetic, thermal, electrical, etc.) and converts it into power. Like how kinetic energy would make sense on his superspeed. Most likely, no one would suspect since quirks were mysteries from the start after all. And if theories are correct, quirks has been evolving. 

The race finished after eight minutes. Everyone has crossed and scores were already taken, all that's left is for the students to fight the teachers, then of course, they are gonna be ranked by their performance, like how well an examinee controls or make do with the situation. Doesn't matter whether they win or lose the fight.

Izuku hoped that the others finish fast. His knees going up and down from excitement. Eyes that seemed more eager than usual, Izuku would want a challenge. He wonders... who is he gonna fight? Midnight? Ectoplasm? Snipe? Maybe Aizawa!!! but that would be too bias in the eyes of others since he is the one that recommended Izuku.

So crossing Aizawa out mentally, Mic is too close to that old man so he's probably not the one either.

It would be fun if he were to face midnight... but the exam would be pointless if he slept through it without having a chance to fight. Midnight is a less choice.

Unfortunately he had to wait. Z isn't really the ideal last name if you hate being last. But despite the boring wait, Izuku has found someone to talk to, and she goes to the end of the alphabet as well.

It was the pretty girl he found familiar earlier. Down side was many others were ogling. Couldn't they show some respect? or at least hide their unneeded desires? Izuku sighed.

The he met is polite, smart, have great insights... Izuku could tell that she is not from a normal family, but who is he to judge when his family is weird?

Momo Yaoyorozu is a girl who has a black ponytail, jet black eyes (that seemed to fit her better than old man Aizawa), and a soft smile that shows her humble.

"Hello." Momo greeted. Worried showed on her face that Izuku might ignored her, She internally sighed in relief when he didn't.

"Hello to you too." Izuku answered. "oh sit here." He said as he moved his belt bag from the chair beside him. Almost forgot that he even had it. knowing that it's was rude to not let a maiden sit, Izuku offered. "You haven't had your turn yet right?" She asked.

Izuku nodded. He didn't know what to do, or why was he too nervous to talk!  Hasn't he talked to Alluka a couple of times already? but never mind that since he is still confuse whether she or he is a boy or a girl!- More thoughts about trouble roam freely in his kind for the three seconds before The girl started talking again.

"sorry- uhm... am I bothering you?" Izuku face palmed internally for having a girl make that worried face. "No!! not at all!" he replied loud enough for her to hear.

"I'm just not used to talking with people." His eyes shifted. the girl smiled a small, seemingly amused. "I'm Momo Yaoyorozu." She introduced, offering a hand which Izuku took to shake.

"Izuku Zoldyck."