Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Oɴᴇ

9:35 am

A pearly white 2021 Mercedes-Benz CLS- Class slowly pulls up to the valet, with the faint sound of Kendrick Lamar's 'LUST.' accompanying the car as it comes to a complete stop in front of the building. 'HerEssecence & Co.' The door swings open revealing a young woman in her early-twenties, a white body-con dress hugs her body and black YSL heels adorn her feet. Her fingers, neck, and ears are decorated in glimmering gold and dazzling diamonds. Heels clicking, she makes her way towards the young man dressed in a plain polo and slacks, handing him her keys.

"Good morning, the usual spot in the southeast lot will be fine," she says with a smile as she makes her way into the building.

Making her way to the private elevator that goes straight up to the 65th floor, she waves to her employees who all greet her with a "Good morning HBIC" or a "Looking fine as ever boss!" Finally stepping into the elevator and heading straight to the top floor, she passes by more employees and stops at her secretary's desk.

"Hello Ms.L/N! Your first meeting is at 10:15 and I'll bring the files for it as soon as they're delivered." With a nod and a smile, y/n makes her way to the large glass doors inscribed with her initials.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

A bright ray of sunshine and the scent of vanilla greets me as I walk into my office, I make my way to my desk grabbing a bag of Oreos from the snack table and straightening the nameplate that reads 'Head.Bitch.In.Charge' as I take a seat in my office chair. Staring up at the ceiling I look back and remember all the hard work it took to get here. A horrible break up with my high school sweetheart, balancing college while starting this business, and finally, after so many late nights and my account in the negatives several times I made it. 'HerEssence & Co.' a multi-billion dollar beauty corporation with a wide range of products. It started as a hair brand, helping all hair textures without all the damaging products *cough devAc_rl cough* but eventually grew, adding skincare and make-up to the line up, now I'm working on a clothing line and maybe even having a magazine, but that'll have to wait.

I couldn't get another second of peace seeing as my two closest friends barged into my office, Kiyoko and Alisa. I met Kiyo as a kid, we met as family friends and it's basically been me and her ever since, though our duo became a trio when I started college and  Alisa became my roommate. She was loud and confident, something that I needed after my break up, with the two of them I was able to regain my composure and started chasing my bag.

"Ugh- all you do is work, you work me, you work your secretary, and you work all these employees," Alisa complained.

"You take the most vacation days though," Kiyoko pointed out.

"Exactly! And besides, I pay you good enough to go on all those vacations so-" I tried to defend myself but Alisa cut me off.

"You know what you need? A day off, we should go clubbing tonight, you can't say no!"

"I don't know, you know we have a new line comin-"

"For once, I agree with Ali. When's the last time you had a break? Much less the last time you got laid?" Kiyoko pressured.

Wow, I expected Alisa to say something but even you Kiyo? Alexa play 'Heart on Ice'.

"Y/n did you hear me?! We're going out tonight and your gonna have a good- no scratch that, a GREAT fucking time! So make sure your ready I'm coming around 10." Alisa practically shouted at me. I nodded my head in agreement shooing her away slightly.