I30I

☆Lauren☆

"Uhhhh," is all I can say looking at a furious looking Grayson. He yanks my arm and pulls me across the room. I look behind my shoulder to see Tara running in the opposite direction. Wow thanks for the help...

He ended up dragging me to an empty bedroom and slams the door behind him. "I heard that you were here and I thought no, there's no way that Lauren would be here, she wouldn't do that. And here you are," he gestures to me with a disgusted look.

"I don't understand what the big deal is? I'm at a party. Are you going to tell me I'm not allowed to go to parties now? Well guess what Grayson, you're not the boss of me!" I exclaim not being able to contain my anger. This is so unfair.

He's about to say something when the door bursts open and Nick strides in. "What the hell is going on?" He asks walking up to my side and wraps a protective arm around my waist. "Of course you're here. You're the one that probably dragged her here," Grayson scoffs.

"Is that a problem?" Nick steps forward leveling up with Grayson. Oh no...

"So what? You forget everything that happend, everything that they did to our family?" He sneers peering over Nick's shoulder to look me in the eyes. "Grayson, you know that's not fair..." I step next to Nick to look at him.

"Are you really going to pretend that everything is fine? How naive can you be?" He says with so much venom in his voice. Ouch....

"You have no right to talk to her like that," Nick interrupts. "And you have no right to tell me what to do." Grayson steps forward and pokes his chest. "At least I treat her like a human being and not a controlling asshole." Nick shoves him in the shoulders. "And at least I didn't force her into a marriage," Grayson says causing Nick to go speechless. He looks over to me with a sad expression then looks down with a shameful look on his face.

Ok that's it. We already talked things out and were beginning to move on. I don't need people constantly throwing it at his face. It doesn't help anyone.

"Enough!" I shout stepping in between them. "This is as much as dad's fault as it is Nick's dad's and you know that. What do you expect me to do! This is out of our control. At least I'm trying to amend things and make it easier on all of us. We don't need people like you to constantly remind us of everything." I say breathlessly. He stands there crossing his arms, fuming.

"I think it's best you leave," Nick points to the door. Grayson looks back to me but I look away. I can't even look at him right now. "Wow, you two deserve each other," he scoffs and my heartdrops. He walks out the door and the room falls silent.

I pull my face into the palms of my hands and let the tears flow. "Babe...come here," he pulls me into his lap and sits on the bed. I wrap my arms around him and cry into his chest. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him. "It's ok," he cooes rubbing my back and kisses the top of my head.

"Nothing about this is ok. My brother now hates me and will never accept us," I pull away to look at him. "He doesn't hate you. How could anyone hate you, you're you." He softly smiles and wipes a tear off of my cheek.

"How can you be so sure?" I sniffle. "Because..." He wraps a piece of hair behind my ear. "We used to be best friends," He says and I freeze. What!?

I look at him with widened eyes and he sighs. "We were best friends in middle school and didn't care about all the family feud. But once we got into high school, everything changed and we drifted apart. I don't know what happened, we weren't going to let our families affect our friendship but I guess he felt differently," he says the last part quietly. I can't believe they used to be friends. I don't even know what to say.

"But that's not the point. The point is from my time knowing him, he always complained about your brothers and wished more than anything for a sister. He'll come to his senses, I'm sure of it," he reasures me. Hopefully what he says is true.

I hug him tighter and he pulls me closer to him. "Nick?" I pull away and ask. "Yes?" He frowns, wiping my tears away. "Can....can I stay with you tonight? I don't think I can go home tonight," I say hesitantly. "Nothing would make me happier. You're always welcome. That place is as much as yours as it is mine." He kisses my cheek and a big smile forms on my lips. "Thanks," I say, shyly looking down. He gripes my chin forcing me to look at his eyes. "You don't have to thank me, I'll always be there for you no matter what, always." He repositions me so now that I'm straddling his hips. I don't think my heart can take it. He always knows just the right thing to say.

I wrap my arms around his neck and pull his lips to mine. His bare hands come under my, well his jersey and his hands grip my bare waist. Our lips move in sync and I swear I feel like I'm falling for this boy and that scares me.

We finally pull away gasping for air. "Thanks," I say quietly. "For what?" He asks. "For being you." I smile and place a light peck on his lips. I climb off his lap and stand up. He frowns trying to pull me back but I pull him up. "Woah you're strong," he says baffled. I flex my arms and kiss both of my biceps. We both laugh and he ruffles my hair.

"Wanna leave?" He asks, holding his hand out for me. "No, we just got here. Let's have some fun." I grin and grab his hand. We walk right back into the party and Tara immediately runs up to me. "Everything ok? Grayson looked pretty angry so I got Nick," she says with a worried look on her face.

"You got Nick? I thought you were ditching me," I tell her. "Bitch!" She gasps and playfully punches my arm. "I'd never do that. You're stuck with me whether you like it or not," she grins. I pull her in for a hug and we both laugh. "Thanks," I whisper into her ear. "Of course," she whispers back and hugs me tighter.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm up for a game of BP," she states. "Let's do it," I cheer and grab Nick's hand, following after Tara.

We make our way to the ping pong table and I freeze in my tracks when I see who's currently playing. Nick runs into my back placing his hands on my hips. "What's wrong?" He asks and I point to the table. He follows the direction and laughs. "Oh ya, they show up a lot at these parties," he says and my jaw drops.

I walk up to the table. "Sup sis," Evan nods. "Lolo! Finally joining the party!" Owen walks over to me and wraps his arm around my shoulder. "I won't tell Grayson we're here if you don't," he whispers in my ear and I nod my head.

Too late...