25

Silence fills the room after Yachi's outburst, only the slight heavy breathing of hers can be heard.

Until Yamaguchi slowly falls to his knees, his head hanging low so that we can't see his face.

"Fuck you..." Yamaguchi's voice is quivering and his fists clench. "Why would you...?"

"You deserve it! You're horrible!" Yachi turns back to Yamaguchi, anger written all over her face.

"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO YOU!" Yamaguchi shouts, looking up with tears steaming down his face. "I broke up with you last ni-ight." His voice breaks and his entire body slumps.

"Yamaguchi..." Kei stares at him.

"Don't. Please- I can't do this. I'm disgusting, right Tsukki? Just leave. Please just go."

I look up at Kei, a mutual agreement forming between us without any words as he makes his way to his friend and I grab Yachi's arm, leading her out.

I reach the top of the stairs before I hear someone running after us.

"W-Wait! Nakamura-Senpai!"

I let go of Yachi, telling her to go wait for me downstairs. She obeys, slightly sniffling as she walks down.

I turn to Kano, seeing tears in his eyes and panic written all over his face.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." The tears begin to pour and I frown. "I still love you. I really am in love with you- but...I just-" he gulps, looking away as he tries to wipe his face.

"I'm not gay. When the three of us went to the movie premier Yamaguchi and I just really hit it off. I-I thought we were going to be really good friends and that's all I thought of him as. Then we started hanging out more by ourselves and I started feeling weird and I-I kept thinking that he's so adorable and I liked when he'd smile a-and I started thinking things like 'wow he looks really cute when he sees things he likes' and I didn't know what was wrong with me." He puts his head in his hands, his shoulders shaking up and down. "And I knew he had a girlfriend and I knew I shouldn't have those thoughts but I couldn't help it. Today was the first day we kissed. We didn't do anything before I promise-"

"Kano." I cut him off, chuckling a bit.

He looks up at me, tears running down his face as he sniffles.

I reach up, wiping away his tears and smile.

"It's okay. You don't need to explain to me. If you like him, then you like him. There's nothing wrong with that and I'm not going to stop you." I reassure him, giving him an encouraging smile.

He looks shocked, relieved almost.

"You're not...disappointed in me?" He asks quietly but I shake my head.

"Of course not! You're Kano, my best friend. And I love you! I want the best for you, so don't worry. I'll take care of Yachi-San. Go help cheer up your new boyfriend." I grin.

"H-He's not my boyfriend...yet." Kano's cheeks flush and I giggle. "And you said you love me! I can die happy." He grins, seemingly in a better mood.

I deadpan, taking a step away from him.

"I love you as my best friend." I clear up but he shrugs.

"It's still love!" He throws his hands up into the air. "And now, I'm going to get over you and get myself a boyfriend! Thanks Nakamura-Senpai." He flashes me a toothy smile before running back into the room.

I watch him with a small smile, chuckling to myself at his silly-ness before going down the stairs.

I find Yachi waiting by the door and I put my shoes on before motioning for her to follow me. Luckily, there's a cafe just around the corner so I take her there.