Chapter 7: Goh & Chloe

Start from the beginning

After a minute of advancing up the stairs leading to Professor Cerise's Pokémon Laboratory, the couple have finally made it to the front door. Ash and Serena glanced around the front yard. There was a beautiful garden, flowers, folding chairs, and a coffee table present outside. Some local Pokémon were roaming around. Even Goh's Butterfree and two Nidoran were among them.

While Serena and the two Pikachu were looking around the front of the laboratory in awe and amazement, Ash just inspected his surroundings with a dull expression on his face.

"It seems that this place hasn't changed much since I left nearly a month ago..." Ash thought to himself. He sighed. Normally, he would be enthusiastic and full of energy, but he just didn't feel anything inside him. Even the raven-haired teenager himself noticed his recent behavior. All he could think about was how Heracross lost control of his mega evolution energy and almost got Serena severely hurt.

"Wow, Ash. I understand why you like this place so much. If just the front of the laboratory looks this spectacular, then the laboratory itself must be even better!" Serena exclaimed in a cheerful manner. She made an attempt to brighten things up between them, but seemed to have failed.

"Yeah, it sure is something. Even so, I have to admit, I have seen better-looking Pokémon research facilities throughout my travels." Ash said bluntly.

Before Serena could reply, she was interrupted by a loud scream coming from nearby.

"HELP MEEEEEEEE! AAAAAHHHHHHH!" the voice screeched from a distance. It sounded like a male.

"Ash, we need to help that person!" Serena said worryingly.

Ash calmly nodded and looked in the direction from where the voice came from. "It sounds like it's coming from Professor Cerise's Pokémon Park. Come on, Serena!"

When Ash and Serena arrived inside the dome-like area. They noticed a lot of different varieties and species of Pokémon hanging around. However, what caught their attention the most was a seventeen-year-old male running for his life from two Darmanitan. His Grookey was clinging onto his shoulder, seemingly oblivious to what was going on. What caught Serena's interest was that one of the Darmanitan was white and blue colored.

"Why does that Darmanitan look different...?" Serena muttered to herself. She then recalled seeing a similar Pokémon when she was visiting Galar with May and Dawn. She thought that it could be a Pokémon regional form just like Ash's Slowbro back in Professor Oak's laboratory. Without another thought, she took out her Rotom phone.

Rotom Phone: Darmanitan, the blazing Pokémon and the evolved form of Darumaka. Unovan form. A fire-type. These territorial Pokémon are native to the Unova region and inhabit the Desert Resort. When Darmanitan's body reaches 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit, its power rises drastically. Legends say Darmanitan have existed with mankind for many centuries and certain Darmanitan have a special power.

Serena then scanned the other Pokémon, which appeared to be a form of Darmanitan that she was quite unfamiliar with.

Rotom Phone: Darmanitan, the zen charm Pokémon and the evolved form of Darumaka. Galarian Form. An Ice-type. While the typical Darmanitan are fire-types and prefer warmer living conditions, this variation of Darmanitan lives in the cooler climates of the Galar region. A headbutt from Darmanitan's snowball-like forehead is very strong. Trainers have reported that certain Darmanitan from Galar also contains a special power.

"Wow, so those two are Darmanitan. I've never seen Darmanitan so up close before." Serena said.

"Pika." Serena's Pikachu squeaked out.