S. Chapter: Mt. Gold

Author's Mini Note: S. Chapter refers to Special Chapter. It's a chapter that follows another character's perspective rather than Ash or Serena's. In this case, the audience will see some of Gary's experience in this new territory: Mt. Gold. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Borders of Kanto & Johto region 2:04 pm, Base of Mt. Gold

Gary had just arrived at the western borders of the Kanto region. It took a few hours to arrive, but luckily he had his Fearow on his team to fly him over. His current team consists of Blastoise, Umbreon, Electivire, Fearow, Alakazam, and Dracozolt. However, he wasn't planning on keeping all his Pokémon on him for long as he thought that it would be best to capture a couple of new Pokémon that reside in Mt. Gold.

"Maybe I should transfer a couple of the others back to Gramp's lab, so I have party space to catch a couple of new Pokémon here. What do you think about that, Umbreon?" Gary asked his Umbreon.

"Umbr!" Umbreon cried out and agreed.

Gary pulled out his Pokémon HOME device that he received from his grandfather, Professor Oak, moments before he left the laboratory. It was a very interesting device to say the least. So apparently, he can transfer Pokémon and shift around his party at any time as long as his Pokémon are in their Poké Balls.

"I wonder how gramps got a hold of a device like this..." Gary thought in his head. He thought it was suspicious. Perhaps Professor Oak got this early prototype from the Silph CO. in Saffron City? Whatever the answer is, Gary decided to push it to the back of his mind for now.

"Just what secrets are you hiding, Grandpa?"

"Umbra! Reon!" Umbreon barked out to his trainer to catch his attention. Gary was snapped out of his thoughts and he scanned around his surroundings. He appeared to be closing in on his destination as he could spot the outline of a large mountain from the distance.

"Well Umbreon, It looks like we are nearly reaching our location." Gary said to his black dark-type Eevee evolution Pokémon. Gary then placed the device back into his backpack and continued walking.

A few minutes later, Gary and his Umbreon arrived at the security gates that are currently heavily guarding Mt. Gold. There were a couple of patrol officers, a blue-haired female officer that is obviously an Officer Jenny, and then some people in lab coats. Among the group of people, he could see a couple of researchers and a familiar brown-haired professor wearing glasses.

"Hey, Professor Elm! I'm here!" Gary called out and sprinted over to the group of people at the base of the mountain.

The professor looked up from the textbook he was looking at and smiled at the mahogany-haired teenager that was approaching them.

"Ah Gary, Professor Oak informed me that you would be coming sometime today," Professor Elm said and adjusted his glasses. "I've decided to meet you here myself before you go through the security."

Gary nodded in understanding. He glanced beyond the security checkpoint to see a large canyon reminiscent of Mt. Silver. Just the thought of being one of the first people that get to explore this new uncharted territory got his heart pumping. He could just picture himself training his Pokémon and documenting his encounters and research. Perhaps he can even discover a brand-new Pokémon that only resides in this part of the region.

"So that's Mt. Gold, huh." Gary breathed out as he was just taking in the view of the mountain.

"Yes, it's truly a spectacle, isn't it? It could be just as impressive as Mt. Silver." Professor Elm said as he looked up at Mt. Gold. "The only problem is that not many researchers and explorers have checked out the place in full detail."