Chapter twenty four

Start from the beginning

Her smile and prettiness would not get her out of this mess , she payed for her drink with her own money and felt the satisfaction of earning it . Not because she was beautiful but because she worked hard and was able to reward herself with a treat .

Not because another man found her attractive but because she was in control .

She's rather be ugly than someone who only respected what they thought was beautiful .

Every skin is made to stretch and every mouth is made to smile . So she bared her teeth and snarled because she wanted to . She got to , in the face of the most beautiful woman in the world .

June thought that everyone cared to much about pleasing another who was not made to please anyone but themselves .

She wondered why her father was still trying so hard to fill the gaps of there inherited home so badly .

He seemed to think that if he pretended that everything was okay then it simply would be .

But the longer you ignored a ache the deeper it would sink until you knew nothing but pain .

Till you became angry , so angry that all you wanted to do was ruin everything just like they had ruined it for you .

June wasn't some little kid anymore who was too afraid to open her mouth and tell him no. She wasn't going to sit back and let him change something that had been feeling so good lately .

She didn't want another woman in there house , she didn't want a temporary fake family to look good with . So that her father could brag about how it all came down to his own bidding .

This woman could not become a pretty feature on the wall . She wouldn't allow it .

A clearing of the throat startled her out her invasive thoughts , turning her head to look over at Syd who was looking at her pointedly .

"So you gonna tell me why you wanted me to pick you up and only wear black ?" He wanted to know , eyeing his black jeans and jumper.

"There's another one in the backseat by the way ." He then added . Noticing her looking down at her own denim shorts and shirt .

He looked like a shadow next to her . Fingering the black gloves on his fingers reflexly .

Reaching for the large black sweatshirt over the console , she pulled it over her head before popping her head back through the hole with a sigh .

Eyeing him curiously , wondering just how much she could trust him.

"My dads got this new woman ." She muttered after a moment , frowning deeply .

Picking up her own black gloves from the top.

"Two teenage kids and one of them is fucking mouthy piece of gossiping shit that doesn't know what he's talking about ." She gritted her teeth while shaking her head , still seething from him insulting Jett.

Raising his brow in confusion , Syd carefully nodded his head .

"Right . So what we gonna do then ? I'm guessing they pissed you off and now you want revenge or some shit ?" He guessed .

Starting ng the car as he talked , following behind the car in front of them , leaving a good few meters so it didn't look suspicious .

He had been more than surprised when June texted him to pick her up at the end of her street , being vague in her details when he asked her what it was exactly that she wanted to do.

Judging by the furious look on her face and the tight fists in her lap , he could figure that it was nothing good .

He knew that he should probably have refused and stayed the hell away from whatever mess she wanted to drag him into but syd was bored of his bland  life .