12. Don't Hate Me

Start from the beginning

Although she believed that Jennie would work hard to take care of Lisa, but Jennie still had no experience dealing with Lisa’s illness, she’s afraid that Lisa would scare away Jennie.

But it wasn’t good for her to bring this topic with Jennie, she’s afraid that if she said it, Jennie would think that they don’t trust her enough.

Moreover, Professor Wang also said that by giving them a free environment, it would make Lisa feel more relaxed and was beneficial to her recovery. So, despite some worries, the three of them made the decision to let Jennie and Lisa live alone.
But now that Jennie was willing to live in the Manoban family for a while to adapt herself with Lisa’s condition, this not only give them some transition time, but also reassured them that Jennie was serious about Lisa’s illness. How can they not agree to this when they’re this happy?

“Then with this, we’ll prepare the house first. You can move in whenever you want to.” Gong Yo said cheerfully.

After talking about this topic, the decision had been made, the atmosphere around the dinner table was completely relaxed.

The fathers of the two families continued their idle chat about state affairs and people’s livelihood, while the mothers talked about skin care. Jisoo felt a bit famished at this time, so she picked up her chopsticks and lowered her head to eat.
Then, the others also started to eat.

At this time, Jennie already ate some food, she turned her head to observe Lisa and found that she’s still immersed in her own world with her head down, the plate in front still held the fish slices that Jennie just picked for her.
Do I wake her up or not? She’s still not eating anything.

Jennie hesitated, wavering between waking her up or not interfering with her immersing in her own world. She remembered what Grandma Manoban had said before.

She said that Lisa had scholar syndrome, so sometimes she would become silent, not caring about people around her. It was likely that she was thinking about something, you just need to wait for her until she’s finished, then she would wake up by herself.

Forget it, just let her think, I’ll just help her pack some food to eat later. Jennie thought like this, but the chopsticks in her hand kept picking food and placed them in Lisa’s plate, silently trying to awaken Lisa with a plate full of dishes.

Lisa knew that Jennie was helping her picking the dishes. She wasn’t immersed in her own world, nor was she thinking about some problem. Her hands were clenching into tight fists, hiding under the tablecloth, struggling to endure the noise that only she could hear.

In the last twenty minutes, Lisa heard an ear-piercing scratching sound, which was the sound of a lamp on the ceiling behind her. The harsh sound was caused by aging wires and poor circuits and the sound was really grating on her ear, she was on tenterhooks and her head felt a burst of pain.

But Lisa knew that it was only her alone in this room that felt uncomfortable. Lisa was really familiar with this kind of scene as she already experienced it several times before, so she became irritable if she ever heard these baffling noises.

Just turn off the sound, just turn off the light and everything would be okay. If it was before, Lisa would immediately stand up and cut off all the power in the room so all these annoying sounds could disappear.

But now she can’t do as she likes, she’s trying to restrain the painful urge inside of her.

Before, when she suddenly stood up and made such a move, the people around her would always looked at her with strange eyes. Although she didn’t care, but today wasn’t the same, today she can’t make any mistake. her family had told her before they came here that she had to perform well at tonight’s dinner, she must not make any mistake and leave bad impressions on Jennie’s parents.