One careless afternoon

A couple of lazy hours watching movies while talking and bantering had passed, when William suddenly jolted upright. He seemed to be concentrating on something, so I assumed he had received some important news through wolf FM (or the mind link).

"Sigh, I'm sorry Sophie, but I'm afraid I have some urgent pack business to attend to. I would ask you to join the meeting, but since that bastard could be listening in, I don't think that would be a good idea. I can't leave you on your own though." He seemed very unsure on how to proceed.

"It's fine, Will. I'll just find some clothes and take a quick shower. Perhaps I'll stretch my legs a bit outside, since it's so nice out. I'll be all right. Unless I'm still grounded, that is?" I asked challengingly.

"No, of course not. But you'll go nowhere on your own, not even the bathroom. I'll ask George to send Mrs. Frey up so she can accompany you."

"Don't be absurd. Mrs. Frey will be busy preparing lunch for you guys. I can be on my own for a couple of hours. Fredrick has done all the damage he intended to do, for now." I got up and headed to the door, when it opened, revealing Mrs. Frey, carrying a couple of shopping bags.

"Lunch is all finished, dearies. I made the tomato soup hours ago and there are wraps in the fridge. I even had time to go shopping for you, Luna. Of course you can get more stuff, later on, but since you literally had nothing left to wear, and I assumed you wouldn't want to wear pajamas all week..." She rambled on, looking a bit nervous.

"Thank you, Mrs. Frey. That's very kind of you." I interrupted her. "How much do I owe you?" Oh right, I didn't even have my wallet anymore.

"Oh, nothing of course, dearie. I used the pack credit card for emergencies. I hope that was all right, Alpha?"

"Of course, thank you Auntie. And I'm sorry, Sophie. I should have thought of this myself." He looked slightly embarrassed.

"Right. So you didn't plan to keep me in this bed, wearing pajamas without any underwear all week?" Wait, did I just really say that? Oh God, flirting was so not me. I was probably blushing the brightest red. I turned back to Mrs. Frey to hide my confusion. "In any case, I'll pay you all back as soon as I have access to my accounts again."

William grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him. Why did he keep doing that? He grinned happily. "There is really no need to pay us back, Sophie. Like I said before, you're family now. You're part of this pack." And softer he added: "And anyways, soon you'll be in my bed and there will be no need for pajamas." Before I could react, he placed a soft kiss on my lips and left the room, saying "Be good, Sophie."

Humph. Cocky much?

"I'll hang these up for you in your wardrobe and you can choose what you want to wear after you showered. Leave the door open, dearie, so you can yell if there's anything the matter." Mrs. Frey resolutely went to unpack everything, probably to remove price tags as well. I knew there was no arguing with her, so I went to take that shower. The water was hot and relaxing, but my cheeks were probably still red from what I said back there. I smothered the desire to touch myself to relieve the sexual tension that had been building between William and me. Instead, I turned down the heat of the water somewhat, before exiting the shower and going to the dressing room.

What a shock awaited me there. No pair of jeans around, only dresses and light cardigans. Flowery dresses, some short, some with a lot of cleavage. Oh no. I used to love dresses like that, but ever since what happened... I turned to oversized T-shirts and hoodies. Preferably black. Now all the colors of the rainbow were back, blinding me with brightness and happiness.

Mrs. Frey was looking at me expectantly, waiting for my reaction. "Uhm, this is great! Thank you. Tell me though, did you happen to find any jeans or T-shirts as well?"

"Sure, but I was unsure of your size, so I bought some dresses instead. It's nice weather out. And you certainly have the figure for them. And I used your remaining underwear to find some extra bras and panties in your size as well." She opened a drawer filled with the most scandalous underwear I'd ever seen. They were lacy and floral as well. And nothing like the covering sports bras and comfortable briefs I usually wore. Damn.

I quickly took some underwear without watching too closely. I also took one of the longer dresses with a cream cardigan and changed. When I looked in one of the mirrors, I was surprised to see it looked quite good on me. Mrs. Frey took a brush and softly started brushing out my long, brown hair. Of course, it stayed very wild and curly, but at least it was somewhat tidier.

"You look beautiful, dearie. Now, let's go downstairs and have us some lunch. We can take it to the table outside, if you like?"

"Sounds great." I looked uncertainly to my bare feet. "Umm, Mrs. Frey? Do you know where my sneakers are?"

"Oh, they were still wet, so I bought you some sandals. Here you go." She took a box and pulled out some simple brown leather sandals. No heels. Thank God for small mercies.

We went downstairs, warmed up some soup and took some wraps from the fridge. There were only a couple left, so the guys beat us to it, I guess.

"Unbelievable. I made over forty of these. Like I said, Luna, savages! All of them!" Mrs. Frey shook her head beratingly.

"How many pack members stay here?"

"Well you have William and George of course, then Robert, the gamma, then 5 more single warriors: Lucas, James, Sam, Oliver and Ben. You'll meet them all in due time, Luna, but they are all having a so-called pack meeting, or should I say, food feast, right now. I don't know how I'll manage this evening when your parents join us."

I laughed, but quickly swallowed when she said the last part. "My parents? I thought they were only arriving tomorrow?"

"Oh dearie, didn't you know? They called to let us know they caught an earlier flight. They'll be here in a couple of hours."

My appetite had vanished. That meant that I would be spilling the beans in a couple of hours. I was nowhere near ready for that. I would probably never be. I sighed and followed Mrs. Frey outside, who, oblivious to my distress, had taken a tray and was carrying two bowls of soup and two wraps outside.

I kept stirring my soup, deep in thought when Mrs. Frey interrupted my contemplations. "I imagine it would be a relief to have no more secrets and to have everything out in the open?" She must be a mind reader. Some humans tended to have talents like that, not as strong as those of a witch, but more like a very strong intuition.

"Mrs. Frey... I've heard once that werewolves can reject their mates. Is that true?"

"It's very rare, but it can happen. However, it causes a lot of pain, sometimes even madness and the feelings remain. A mated couple that has rejected each other will never fall in love or have children with another partner ever again. So I know for a fact that William will never reject you. He has been longing for love and a family of his own for years. And I believe he already has very strong feelings for you. No matter what your secrets are, Luna, they can never be bad enough for him to reject you."

Yes, they were. So perhaps telling him would be for the best. He would reject me and he and his pack would be safe. For who could love someone responsible for the death of an innocent child?