Time

Play either Unchained Melody ^^ Or Billie's cover of End of the World!!

"George."

The kitchen was dark with early morning haze. Yellow light spilled from down the hall. A frantic whisper spoke his name. He turned to see Dream with a pained look on his face. A suitcase was trailing him, wheels rolling on the hardwood floor.

"Hey." His voice was laced with sadness. He sat on one of the stools in the kitchen fiddling with the ring on his finger.

"George we'll see each other again." Dream let out a half-hearted laugh. He heard the pain in the brunette's tone. 

"I know." George stifled out. Arms wrapped around his body. He felt a tear roll down his cheek and he blinked it back.

"C'mere." Dream released his grip on George's torso and grabbed his waist, pulling him off the stool and into the center of the kitchen.

George's eyesight was blurred with tears. Dream pulled out his phone and a song radiated through the kitchen, reverberating off the walls. The chords that played were disorienting, as it was about 4 am. George's flight was at 6.

He felt Dream pull him into a hug, slowly spinning around the open space. It was a half dance half shuffle. George rested his feet on top of Dream's as they moved. 

Woah, my love, my darling.

I've hungered for your touch.

George could hear Dream's quiet sobs, muffled by brown hair.

A long, lonely time

And time goes by so slowly

And time can do so much

George resonated with the words that came through the speaker. The feeling was bittersweet. The song perfectly matched the emotions that they were feeling.

As they slowly spun around the kitchen, the last melancholy lyrics were sung.

"We'll have more time soon." Dream whispered

The boys prepared for the drive to the airport.

----

"Are you sure you have everything?" A women's voice said through the doorway.

George looked at the boxes piled up in the empty room. Words scrawled in black ink labeled the cardboard. He took a deep breath, "Yes." He exhaled.

George's mom wrapped him in a hug, almost as comforting as Dream's. "I'll make sure the movers get everything."

"Thanks mum." He pulled away and clutched the handle of his suitcase. The same one he had taken on his previous trip to Florida over three months ago.

As he exited his packed up house, memories from the visit flashed through his head: laughing with Sapnap, Karl's reckless driving, the rings, kissing Dream for the first time. The images stayed in his head in the car, walking through the airport, and on the plane to Orlando.

When he landed, a feeling overtook his body, the same bittersweet feeling from when he first left Florida. He was sad to leave his old home. Luca was still there, along with his family who had never lived this far away from him before. Happiness overtook the sadness however. He was overwhelmed with pure joy as he sent a text to Dream.

Where are you?

He held his breath as the delivered sign appeared under the message, followed by a bubble indicating that Dream was typing.

Turn around.

His head shot up from his phone, whipping around to see a tired-looking Dream shuffling towards him. George released his grip on his bags and ran over to immediately wrap his arms around the blonde. He felt Dream nuzzle his face into George's hair. The taller boy lifted him off the ground slightly in the embrace.

"God I missed you so much." He breathed.

"I missed you more." George said, barely audible over the hum of the airport.

"I'm literally standing right here." George looked over to see Sapnap standing with his arms crossed in a fake pout.

George let out a giggle before wiggling out of Dream's grasp and crossing over to hug Sap.

The two laughed and jumped up and down in each other's arms. In between giggles, "This is going to be FUCKING lit." Sap said.

A/N: BOYS!? We did it. From here I will be posting oneshots for this story occasionally, and working on some new stuff! (another dnf story and maybe a Sap/reader :] )Thank you all for the support! Please stick around for more content. I love you all. <3

(Also message me fanart of this story or just drawings that you want people to see! I wanna do a fanart appreciation chapter cuz I know y'all are talented asf.)

Word count: 654