Naps

"SHHHH. SAPNAP! He's sleeping." George whisper yelled. His hand was absentmindedly stroking Dream's hair.

"He's been sleeping literally all day," Sap said, not whispering in the slightest, "DREAM! Wake the fuck up BITCH."

George looked at Dream and held his breath. He opened his eyes and frowned at the light still coming in from the windows. He let out a sleepy groan at Sapnap's words and re-established his tight grip on George. 

"Gross." Sapnap muttered and headed for the kitchen.

George hadn't stopped smiling since Dream had first hugged him. He knew it was risky for him to be letting his guard down this much within the first few hours of meeting Dream. Especially since Dream was known to drastically change his behavior .

The doorbell rang, separating George from his thoughts, and Sapnap appeared from the kitchen.

"Dream," George cooed.

"Hm?" The sleep was evident in his voice.

"Do you want pizza?" George still had a hand in Dream's hair.

Dream hummed in response and took his arm off George to rub his eyes.

George frowned at the loss of contact. Wait if he can be clingy why can't I? George thought, still mad that Dream had taken his arm away. He sunk into Dream's side and burrowed his head into the blonde's neck.

A blush tinted his cheeks and he heard Dream smile and let out a breathy laugh.

"Hi?" He said quietly. George could hear the smile in his words.

George remained silent, breathing in the scent of vanilla that was radiating off of Dream's body.

"Georgie, c'mon." Dream began to detach himself from George.

George stood up and stretched as Dream put on a green smile hoodie. He heard Sapnap thank the delivery guy.

George waddled over to the kitchen and snagged his bottle of water off of the table. Taking a sip, he felt something warm come up behind him. Dream hung his arms over George's shoulders and rested his head on the smaller boy's hair.

"You're short." George felt Dream giggle.

"I'm average height you dickhead." George turned his head up and Dream looked down at him. George pretended to be mad, trying to wiggle out of Dream's grip.

Dream wheezed. Eventually Sapnap walked into the kitchen with a large pizza box in hand. Dream and George separated. George suddenly grew cold at the loss of Dream's warmth. He shivered slightly.

Dream looked over at him and wheezed, "Are you cold?" he managed to say.

George glared at him in response, "No." His teeth chattering didn't help to prove his point.

"George it's like 80 degrees outside." Sapnap giggled as he dug into a pizza box.

George looked over at Dream to see him removing his hoodie from earlier.

"C'mere." He said before pulling the hoodie over George's head.

George blushed. Not only was the hoodie several sizes too big, but it surrounded him in a warm vanilla scent.

It could've been George's imagination but he swore he saw Dream look away and blush.

George shook it off and reached for a slice of pizza.

——
A few hours had passed and the boys were deciding on a movie to watch.

"No Sapnap, you know I hate horror movies, you suck! " George complained.

Sapnap grinned at him, "Dream will protect you." he snickered, knowing exactly what he was saying. He pressed play and the movie began.

George blushed and peeked over at Dream. He had Patches on his lap and was giggling at her while she nuzzled at his fingers.

George's heart melted. Fuck. This was going to be the hardest few months of his life.

——

Midway through the movie things began to get scary. George had burrowed as deep as he could into Dream's hoodie.

He had contemplated casually snuggling into Dream during one of the scary parts but he didn't want to be weird.

George tried his best to contain his fear, only letting out a few small gasps at the jump scares, which still sent Dream and Sapnap into fits of fond laughter.

As the movie was coming to a close George heard Dream yawn and lie down.

He stretched out his legs across George's lap.

"DREAM," George whined, "Get your feet away from me."

Dream wheezed, "Fine." He rotated his body and lay his head and shoulders across George's lap instead. "Happy?" He asked.

"Whatever." George scoffed. His hand instinctively flew to Dream's hair. He ran his hand through it before realizing what he did. George froze and blushed, hoping Dream wouldn't notice. He snapped his hand back down to his side.

Of course he fucking noticed. Oh my god I'm so stupid.

Dream chuckled and turned to look up at George, "You're cute when you're flustered." He said quiet enough for Sapnap not to hear. He then reached up and ruffled George's hair before turning back to the movie and nuzzling into his lap.

George's blush intensified from Dream's comment. He couldn't take it anymore. He wrapped his arm around Dream's chest and returned his other hand back to Dream's hair.

Dream grabbed George's hand which was on his chest and squeezed it.

George squeezed back and smiled to himself.

When the movie was over George noticed that Dream had fallen asleep. He was gently snoring while still clinging on to George's arm.

George looked over at Sapnap who giggled and shrugged at him.

"Dream," He whispered. No response. "Clay get up." He chuckled.

He heard Dream yawn and he started to get up, wandering off to his room.

George watched him walk away. The brunette hated not being close to Dream. It was like an addiction, and he was giving in to it completely.

A/N: A bit of a shorter chapter today. Yes I know I used the horror movie scene which is cliche to literally every dnf story but i tried to make it a lil different. Hope you guys enjoyed!!
Word count: 927