Realizations

Karl had left, and the house grew a lot more quiet. Without the  constant giggling and light that he brought, the atmosphere was  stagnant.

Sapnap spent more time in his room, half of the time moping and half  speaking to Karl. This left George and Dream with a lot of alone time.

They discovered a few things about the advancements in their relationship as the days went by:

First was that they couldn't sleep without each other.  Whenever  George turned in early, he had terrible nightmares that didn't let up  until he was cuddled against Dream.

Dream became restless when George wasn't there. Whether George was  streaming late at night and didn't go to sleep until morning, or he and  Sapnap were on one of their movie binges, Dream always laid awake,  unable to sleep. He would toss and turn, throwing the blankets off and  pulling them back on. It was only when George would come through the  door, yellow light illuminating his silhouette, and laugh to himself  before curling up in Dream's arms.

They had just accepted the sleeping arrangements, quick to cuddle up  to one another. They were both clingy people. Before they met the would  never cease to speak on discord while filming videos, streaming, or just  hanging out. And now that their relationship had deepened, neither of  them wanted to spend a minute without the other.

The second thing they learned was that they were never happier than  when it was the two of them. Except maybe when Sap was with them and not  sulking about Karl. The three of them spent every minute together,  talking, laughing, and streaming.

Their fan base was overwhelmingly positive about the meetup. Twitch  chats and Twitter replies were full of purple hearts and pog face  stickers. Many people noticed that George and Dream specifically looked  and sounded happier. Of course they couldn't see Dream's face, but his  voice was always laced with joy.

Florida had gotten slightly colder as a few weeks passed. The cold  was a constant reminder to George that his time with his best friends  wasn't permanent.

He had thought about moving constantly. The idea biting at his brain  with every thought. But that sort of change seemed too permanent for his  liking.

As he sat on the couch one day, contemplating the situation, he realized a third thing about their predicament.

Dream and Sap had been sleeping all day. They had pulled an all  nighter to stream. After putting Dream to bed like a little kid, George,  being sick of just sitting next to his sleeping body, went to the  living room for a change of scenery.

It was around 2 on a Sunday, and the sky was  all cloudy. Grey light streamed through the window and illuminated the  room. This was the start of George's last week in Florida. For now.

George absentmindedly pet Patches fur. She  was the only other one awake, and her purring was the only sound in the  house. The boys had been sleeping since early morning and George was  over it.

He cautiously stood up from the couch, leaving Patches on the cushion.

He crept into Dream's room. Soft breathing  could be heard from the pile of covers. George carefully uncovered Dream  from the blankets. He was knocked out, even after the many hours he had  spent napping. His features were muted in the dark of the room. His  hair was messy and his mouth was turned into a smile.

George had a matching smile on his face as  he cautiously crawled over the discarded blankets and made his way onto  Dream's chest. He wrapped his limbs around Dream's body, kissing his  nose a few times in an attempt to carefully wake him up.

For a second, George forgot what he was  doing and just cuddled his head into Dream's chest. But the younger boy  stirred slightly, moving his arms up to George's back.

"George?" His voice was slurred and tired, making it raspy and deep. His head lifted off the pillow as he looked at George.

"Hi." George said softly, smiling as he leaned in to kiss Dream.

He watched as Dream smiled and set his head back down, his body relaxing and eyes closing again.

"No no no no." George sat up and hit Dream's chest lightly, "You've been sleeping all day. Get up!" George groaned.

Dream let out a tired wheeze which turned  into a groan as he squinted his eyes open again. The light being let in  made him flinch. He slowly sat up, pushing George down into his lap. The  brunette felt arms wrap around his body and a head bury into his neck.

"You're such a baby when you're tired." He paused. "I'm bored, wake uppp." George had resulted to whining.

Dream perked up, "I can make it a little  more exciting for you." George could hear a mischevious grin in his  words. Dream sleepily reached for the hem of Georges shirt with the  intention of pulling it completely off.

George giggled, "Dreammm. I'm serious." George grabbed at his hands. Dream wheezed, dropping the action and moving to stand up.

"Yesssssss!" George grinned, "I'm gonna go wake up Sapnap."

Dream scoffed and headed for the bathroom  attached to his room. Before George left he caught a glimpse of the  younger. Sweatpants hung low on his hips, and his fitted t-shirt did a  poor job of hiding his muscles.

George walked out of the room and a minute  later, 'Where Are The Askers' by Quackity could be heard blasting  through the speakers in the house, followed by a startled and  disgruntled yell from Sapnap.

----

Hazy storm season had turned to unbearable heat. As their time  together passed by, Dream became progressively clingier. George could  tell he was antsy all the time, going to sleep in the early hours of the  morning and waking up only a few hours later in an attempt to maximize  their time together.

George would comfort him with long hugs and endless contact.

He also made a large effort to spend time with Sapnap, craving the  bond that they had. They would have their movie nights filled with  endless banter and laughing.

Another thing that they collectively realized was that they were all  in denial. The past month had been filled with intense happiness that  couldn't have been achieved through the internet barrier... and nobody  wanted it to end.

A/N: Guys sorry for the wait, but here's the chapter!! Kinda sorry for the time skip and hella plot advancement, but it's not over yet... (Y'all are goofy for giving  this almost 80k reads /j)

Word count: 1068