Storms

George woke up to the sound of harsh rain pattering on his roof. He slowly sat up and rubbed his sleepy eyes. He reached for his phone which was plugged in on the nightstand along with the melted pint of mint ice cream. It was 11:14 am, earlier than George usually woke up. Today more than ever George missed falling asleep late at night to Dream's voice over the phone. I guess listening to his streams will work for now. George thought to himself.

Notifications popped up on his screen. He scrolled down looking for a good morning text from 'Dreamy :)'  He sighed seeing nothing. There were multiple texts from Sapnap presumably because Dream had told him about George's flight. The flight! For a second he had forgotten that in a few long, unbearable, days he would be going to see his best friends. He suddenly got flustered at the idea of seeing Dream's face for the first time. The blood drained from his face as a light blush tinted his pale cheeks. The next week was going to be insufferable.

George continued scrolling through his notifications. Two missed calls from Sap and one from Bad. A few twitter mentions from Karl and Quackity as well a bunch of likes, retweets and tags in fanart.

He unlocked his phone and immediately called Sapnap.

"GEORGE!" He yelled as soon as he answered.

"Jeez Sap, isn't it like 6am where you are, what's with the volume?!" George replied, his voice tired and irritated.

"Bright and early babyyyyyyy!" Sapnap exclaimed, dragging out the y.

"God I don't even want to imagine what you and Karl were doing to get you so perky." George said through his yawn.

"George I'm gonna need you to remove that attitude before you come see us or we're gonna have issues." Sapnap retorted.

"About that," George started, "Don't you think it's gonna be awkward when I come there, you know Dream's been off lately."

"Don't stress it Georgie-poo, trust me he's excited. Maybe a little too excited." Sapnap added.

"SAPNAP!" George scolded into the phone.

"Plus," Sapnap said, ignoring George's protest, "I'm great in awkward situations. Tension is my BITCH."

"Whatever you say Sapnap." George said sighing.

"Alright I'll see you later man and promise me you won't have second thoughts."

"I promise, bye Sapnapitus."

"Call me that again I dare you British boy!" Sapnap yelled and continued to argue but George had already hung up the phone.

He yawned once more before clicking on Bad's contact name.

"Hiya George!" Bad exclaimed in a cheery voice.

"Hi Bad, what's up?" George asked, the tiredness still audible in his voice.

George shifted in his bed, rain still pouring down on his roof.

"I heard you were going to Florida soon and wanted to wish you safe travels, also Karl is streaming Jackbox later and we wanted you to join. Dream, Karl, Quackity, Sap, Fundy, and Tommy are going to be there too.

George groaned, Great another opportunity to embarrass myself flirting with Dream.

"Okay I guess I'll join, thanks Bad."

"Is something wrong?" Bad asked.

"Don't worry about it Darryl." George responded maybe a little too blunt.

"Whatever you say George. Anyway be safe with those muffinheads, love you!"

"Bye Bad." George said sheepishly. He hung up. He felt guilty for snapping at Bad, he just couldn't bear his seemingly deteriorating relationship with Dream. Maybe things will be different in person. He thought. Hope filled his body as he got up from his bed. He snatched his phone and made his way to his kitchen. He opened his fridge and grabbed a bottled water along with ingredients for breakfast. He set a pan on his stovetop and grabbed two slices of bread, toasting them on the heating surface. He cracked two eggs on top of the bread and put a lid on the pan.

As he waited for his breakfast to cook he unlocked his phone and opened snapchat. His breath hitched and a smile formed on his face as he noticed a new snap from 'Dreamy :)' He bit his lip and tapped on the red square. A picture of Dream's legs with a brown cat curling around them flashed on his screen. Patches! He thought. Excitement filled his body once again at the thought of not only meeting his best friends but also Dream's tabby cat. He analyzed the picture further and noticed Sap's legs sitting next to Dream. His previous excitement was taken over by jealousy. He contemplated closing out of the app to relieve his emotions when he noticed one more element of the snap.

George's breath hitched. Dream's legs, which Patches was sweetly cuddling against, were clothed in grey sweatpants. George swiftly tapped out of the picture and set his phone face down on the counter. He clapped a hand over his mouth and returned to his cooking.

The crackling of oil from the pan drowned out the rain for a second before George turned off the heat. He placed the toast on a plate and smashed an avocado on top.

He pulled a stool out from the island and sat down. As he ate he considered snapping Dream back, guilty from leaving him on opened. He decided against it. It's not like Dream would even care. He scoffed.

As he finished eating, Luca gingerly jumped up on the counter. The grey cat nuzzled against George's open hand.

"Are you hungry baby? C'mere." George spoke to his cat while standing up to get the cat food from his pantry. He retrieved the bag and poured some into Luca's bowl sitting on the floor.

He left Luca to eat, putting his dishes in the sink and walking towards his bathroom to take a shower.

He set his phone on the edge of the sink and pulled off his sweatpants, boxers and oversized black Dream hoodie. He turned on the water and cringed at the cool temperature. The storm must've impaired his heating.

George continued his shower, running strawberry scented shampoo through his raven hair.

Finally stepping out of the cool water he snatched a towel from the closet and wrapped it around his slender waist. He turned towards the mirror to see his reflection staring back. He admired his favorite parts of himself: His pale, clear skin and slightly toned stomach. The way his wet hair complimented his freshly shaved face. He opened his phone and worked up the courage to snap Dream back.

He brushed his hair to the side as the flash from his phone illuminated the room. He observed the picture. His flash was on so the picture wasn't in too much detail. He could still see his slight abs and messy hair. He cautiously pressed the send button.

He held his breath as his screen shifted. Dream had opened it.

A/N: Thank you guys for reading another chapter!!!!!!! Make sure you guys drink some water today ily all! Also o7 for the mention of Luca in this chapter :( Comment spelling and grammar mistakes plzzzzz.

(Word Count: 1020)