Karl

Dream just giggled and rested his eyes.

"What? I'm being serious. You speedrunned dnf." George said defensively.

Dream wheezed, "It takes two to flirt Georgie." He reached up to ruffle George's messy hair.

"Dream," George said, warning coating his words.

"George," Dream started, taking the boy's small, cold hand in his and looking deep into his eyes, "I've loved you for how long? 8 years?"

George tried his best to muffle the happiness that came with those words out of Dream's mouth.

"And I know I want this." Dream continued with painfully severe eye contact, "But if it really makes you feel better, try to go a day without fluffy shit. Just friends." He smirked. "And then we'll know for sure."

"The rest of the day?" George confirmed. He wanted to kiss the stupid smirk off of Dream's face.

"Yeah." Dream giggled. He took his head off George's lap, roughly letting go of his hand, and stood up, walking away, "Goodbye George." He said with a sterile tone.

George had a love-hate relationship with Dream's competitive nature.

——

"THE POWER'S BACK!!" Sapnap came barreling out of his room crashing into George, nearly knocking him to the floor. He seemed a little too excited for something like the power turning back on.

"Nicholas!" George screamed.

"Hehe hi." Sap said, helping George steady himself, "That's not my name by the way."

George shrugged him off and went to flop on the couch, replacing plushy blankets with the lack of warmth from Dream.

"Hey what's with the big man?" Sapnap asked, talking a seat next to George.

George scoffed "Dream? What's he doing?"

"Nothing. That's the thing." Sapnap said, "That man is always doing something. He's always moving." He made a funny face.

George smiled fondly. He loved that about Dream: The way he constantly needed to be entwined in an activity or thought. "He's probably just moping."

"Trouble in paradise?" Sapnap hummed.

"Shut it." George put his head on Sap's shoulder, listening to the steady rhythm of his breathing almost drowned out by rain.

"You know he likes you right?" Sapnap asked, turning the environment more serious.

"Oh Sap. You have no idea." George sighed.

——

The lights were on in the house now. Yellow light fighting the darkening sky through the window.

Sap and George had passed the hour on the couch talking about things that didn't matter and scrolling through phones. Sapnap still had a giddy vibe to his mood which George was hesitant to ask about.

Eventually Dream appeared from the depths of the hallway. He had deep eye bags resting on his face. He looked oddly grungy compared to his usual put togetherness. His hair was fluffed up and messy. Oh and of course he doesn't have a fucking shirt on. George thought.

George's instinct was to rush up and hug him, but he fought back the urge, almost forgetting to mask his frustration.

"Hey cutie." Sapnap said, looking up from his phone.

"Hi sexy." Dream cracked a smile, walking over to them and dapping Sapnap up.

"Scuse me George." Dream said, leaning over to grab a discarded hoodie on the couch. The tip of his shoulder blade almost brushed against George's arm.