Chapter 195: Three Realms III

Start from the beginning

"Yang Zi Huo, will you be okay? You're made of fire, can you withstand being under all that water?"

"I'll be fine. I've been to the Mermaid Kingdom many times."

I link my arm around his, moving closer to his side, hoping it can help him stay warm.

"Divine Creator," Chief Song calls. "We shall escort you to the Mermaid Kingdom on our Sea Horse Beasts."

"Ah, yes." I nod in her direction.

The Sea Horse Beasts meet their masters on the shore. Their entire bodies made of clear water with the upper body resembling a horse but the lower half showing a fish tail.

Yang Zi Huo conjures a magical orb around us, floating over the waves. We plunge into the water, splashing ripples in the engrossed ocean. I cling to him tighter, staring at the surface, no longer being able to make out the sun in the sky.

"Yuxing, look." Yang Zi Huo points at the groups of fish swimming. In colors of cool blue and green, along with warmth of pink and yellow, they populated the beautiful rocks, swimming in and out of the swaying ocean plants.

Oh, it's really dark now.

Yang Zi Huo conjures a light inside the orb. The Mermaid Immortals on the Sea Horse Beasts begin to light up, their manes glittering specks of pearls. The mermaids' armor reflects the stars shining in the night.

In the distance, a city of bright radiance beams charmingly. I'm captivated by the hues of blue, lavender and white, manifested by the dome surrounding the civilization.

Upon the gates into the kingdom, I see a huge crowd waiting beyond. The magical orb disperses inside the kingdom and the gates pushes out the water of the sea.

"Hail the return of the Divine Creator!" The mermaids bow, their arm across their chest, kneeling on the ground. They are in human form, dressed in the most beautiful attire and ocean accessories made of shells.

"Uh, please rise?" Awkwardly, I ask for the Mermaid Immortals to stand.

"Sisters, rise. We are blessed to have the Divine Creator return. A feast has been prepared to honor her," Chief Song announces. Suddenly, whimsical music is being played from all sides. A group of mermaids guide the party down the main walkway. The crystal architecture of the Mermaid Palace glistens with sparks of emerald.

Seating me on the throne of purple shells and gems, I hesitate and say, "Chief Song, I can't sit here. This is your throne."

"Without you, there will be no throne, no Song Shi. You are here as our guest. Please sit, Divine Creator." She pushes me down on the throne. Soon luxurious seafood and wine are offered to me. Unfamiliar with the new food, I try a few dishes set on the table in front.

"Where is Yang Zi Huo?" In the chaos, I lost track of where he went. Searching the crowd, I finally spot him in the seat to the right of the elevated throne. The table in front of him is filled with food and delicacies.

He lifts his wine cup, looking right at me. Raising the cup with both hands, Yang Zi Huo smiles and gulps it all down. He was trying to congratulate me for all this prestige from the Mermaid Clan. However, it doesn't feel right, more so that I was like an imposter pretending to belong in a strange place.

The Mermaid Clan celebrated with dance and music. The women enjoy food and good conversations while also dancing in the middle of the palace hall.

Their welcoming nature and delightful laughter left me in awe. Despite the sufferings their clan have faced, their spirits resembles resilience and brightness.