The Balancing Act [ Part 1]

It's been a month since Shreyas and Shristi got into a relationship.. Things were going a little different for both them.

Coping up with career commitments as well as taking up time for each other... Both of them were trying to balance their lives.

They both had their own struggles, Shristi was going through a  hard time in her office because of the sudden resignation of one of her colleagues.

She was assigned with more responsibilities which eventually came with more mental stress. She hardly got time to breath, talking with Shreyas was far away from the scene..

On the other hand.. Shreyas, who recently came from a tour wanted enjoy his little free period with his girlfriend . He was going to get busy for IPL soon.. So he wanted to spend every possible time with her.

Whenever He called Shristi, she either hung up with a " I am busy " Reply or didn't pick up the call at all. It's not like Shristi did that deliberately. It's just that she had no time to spare.

It was 11:00 pm when Shristi got into the apartment. She used the spare keys since Samiksha slept early being tired from her little weekend trip.

Shristi threw her heels off her feet and threw herself on the couch without considering changing her clothes she was too tired for that.

She opened her whatsApp and Shreyas's massage..
' 𝙳𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚕𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚑? '
' 𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 '
' 𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎? '

Even though she dead tired, thought of Shreyas asking her these little things made her smile widely.

She let out a deep sigh realising the fact that she had been ignoring that boy. Not like she intended that.. She just didn't have any time.

Shreyas picked up the call several rings.

"Just got home " Shristi said as soon as he picked up.

" Good " He gave a curt reply

" Did you eat? " Shristi asked

" Yes " He said.

" You okay? " Shristi asked. She wasn't used to his curt replies

" Yeah.. Why do you ask? " He said

" You seem off. " Shristi said

" Really? I thought this is how we talk. " He said and Shristi didn't miss the sarcasm in his voice.

" Don't beat around the bush " Shristi spat she was too tired to take anyone's tantrum

" Seriously? You aren't even talking to me since a week ! ! " He said , his anger clearly visible..

" It's like I don't even exist in your life " He chuckled sarcastically

" Shreyas you knew my situation.. My colleague.. " Shristi couldn't finish as Shreyas barged in again

" I know what being busy means.. But was it that hard to take out five minutes from oh-so- tight schedule ? " Shreyas mocked in way which made Shristi lose all her control over her anger

" YES! IT WAS HARD! AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT BEING BUSY IN AN CORPORATE SECTOR MEANS.. I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO TAKE TIME HAVE MY LUNCH DURING BREAK.. I WAS THAT BUSY... " Shristi yelled as anger rushed through her veins.

" It's not like I didn't try to make up some time.. " Shristi breathed heavily as her lips quivered from the sudden rush

" You should have tried harder then " Shreyas said casually.

" Are you kidding me?? Do I bother you when you are out for some tour? Then also we talk less.. But I adjust with that.. Because I understand.. And you don't. " Shristi scoffed. She was astonished at Shreyas's change of attitude.

" Well, my job is far more important than yours.. I play for my country.. It's not like sitting in a AC room and working on a computer " He chuckled

It was harder and Harder for Shristi to hold her calm. She didn't expect something from him.

" Shreyas do you really think it's that easy?? Ask the people who are in team Management..!
It's not like you play for Free.! YOU GET PAID FOR THAT " Shristi yelled the last part again. Her face radiating heat due to all the anger which was rising through her body.

" It's no way as hard as playing in an open ground even when it's tremendously hot " Shreyas scoffed

" YOU KNOW WHAT! I AM TOO TIRED TO TAKE ALL THIS SHIT.. " Shristi huffed in frustration and hung up.

When she came to house she was starving.. But now she lost her appetite. She rushed to her bedroom and threw herself on her bed hoping to get a sleep which will take all Stress and Sorrow away.

She closed her eyes and lone tear trickled down her cheeks.

_____________

𝕆𝕜𝕒𝕪!

𝕊𝕠 𝕪𝕖𝕤! 𝕀 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕟'𝕥 𝕦𝕡𝕕𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕟 𝕒 𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕖. 𝔸𝕔𝕥𝕦𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕞𝕪 𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕤 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕤𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕒𝕥𝕞𝕠𝕤𝕡𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕝𝕪..

𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕜𝕤 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 ❤