17

Four Days Until Christmas

After we had gotten to freds apartment last night, it didnt take me much longer to get back into bed.

I tried getting asleep again, and when i eventually did it certainly wasn't a deep one.

I had woken up countless times in the night.

Tossing and turning.

My cold had just seemed to have gotten worse and the reminder of all the other joyful things i could've been doing made everything bittersweet.

Fred usually woke up when i did, doing whatever he could to get me back to sleep again.

As it was coming to the start of my monthly cycle, my cramps has started kicking in as well, meaning that as well as my throat, nose and head hurting, my stomach, back and neck were killing me.

Fred had brought me a hot water bottle and made sure i was drinking plenty of water.

I had to say, even with the lack of females living in this household, the three boys did an awfully good job of accommodating a moody twenty one year old girl with extreme sarcastic outburst and moods that appeared and disappeared quicker than Harry could with his invisibility cloak.

After getting a few more hours sleep from the restless night i had, i wasn't feeling good at all.

Lee was at work, at a wizarding radio station that debuted from 'potter watch', a secret channel he set up to keep members of the order and wizards and witches on Harrys side up to date with the whereabouts and goings on at the time of the war.

George was working the shop downstairs, deciding that he should go and see some of his customers before they close for a few days around Christmas.

I had insisted Fred should too but he was adamant on staying and looking after me, which was something i wasn't against as even though ive been back a little over a month now, the amount of time I'd of wanted to spend in the company of fred hasn't been as much as i had hoped for.

'I think i need to do something' i say, walking out of freds bedroom towards where he stood behind the counter, a book in his hands.

'Do something?' he asks, lowering the pages and looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

'Like get out ... ive come to the conclusion that this cold is only staying because I'm letting it' i start explaining, pacing up and down with my arms crossed in front of him.

'Care to expand?' he says, shutting his book and leaning back.

'If i pretend I'm not sick, then this cold will believe it and I'll be fine to go out and enjoy Christmas' i finish, becoming more and more confident with my theory.

He pushed his lips into a straight line, slowly nodding his head as he took in what i was saying.

'And what do you suggest you do to trick this cold?' he asks, clearly unconvinced by my method but still going along with it.

I opened my mouth, thinking I'd have an answer straight away.

I squinted my eyes thinking about what i could say to get fred on the same page.

'lets go on a run' i exclaim, clapping my hands together and jumping on the spot.

'a run?' he repeats with a laugh, walking over to the nearest window and opening the blinds.

The weather was beautiful.

Although not in the way one would think.

Everything was covered in a simple white glaze.