4

'Guys?' I yell from the front door, closing it behind me and making my way into the house.

It was around seven in the evening now, and i had spent the whole day at the Burrow catching up with Mr and Mrs Weasley and being filled in with all the family updates that had happened in the years i had been gone.

The house seemed quiet, so my first guess was that it was empty, until i heard a loud crashing noise coming from upstairs.

I quickly ran up, wanting to make sure everything was okay.

The noise seemed to have come from one of the spare rooms.

Grimmauld place consisted of eight bedrooms, the first four were on the first floor up, these were the smaller rooms which were usually used as spare bedrooms, on the second floor, there is my room, its a large and well decorated room with a dark academia aesthetic with lots and lots of books, the room opposite was a twin bedroom, but when harry came to stay, it was used as his.

The top floor of the house contained the final two bedrooms, one was Regulus's and the other my fathers.

Regulus's was hardly ever opened, dad usually avoided it and i did the same, not wanting to upset him.

My dads had remained strictly locked up since he died, the charm had definitely broken by now, but i was glad that the others respected my choice and left it untouched.

I would go back in when i was ready.

When i entered the room, i had immediately noticed the house elf, Kreacher.

I rolled my eyes, leaning in the door frame as i watched him mope about.

I coughed, grabbing his attention.

'Oh, its you' he snarled.

'Oh how i missed you' i shoot back sarcastically.

He grimaced at me before turning back around to finish whatever he was doing, i let out a laugh as i walked away, shutting the door behind me and carrying on up to my room.

----

I freshened up, changing into a pair of black joggers and a zip up hoodie, just a casual outfit for this evening as i was just going to be with my friends and was exhausted enough as it was.

I left my hair down in loose curls, and added abit of simple make up before walking back downstairs.

I went into the kitchen to grab a drink, but was distracted by a note on the table.

I picked it up, opening it as i walked to the counter to get a cup from one of the cupboards.

Danny,

We all came home from work at around 6 ish and you weren't here so we just guessed you were still with fred, were at the twins' now.

Please join it'll just be low-key.

We've got a load of firewhiskey and need a mega catch up.

Come whenever you read this.

love Hermione xx

I smiled at the note, sitting down on the nearest chair and resting my feet on the table so that i could tie up my laces.

I was rather looking forward to tonight, we all used to have gathering like this all the time before the war and i really did miss them.

Besides, i also ached to spend more time with Fred, even though i had seen him only just this morning, i would have never guessed that I'd be even more drawn to his touch than i was before.