Dinner at the Advanis'

"Annika puttar. You look lovely." Kalyani gushed, admiring the 21 year old young lady that made a place in her heart. "You wore a Saree!"

"Only for you..." Annika looked at the blue saree adorned around her body nervously. It was her first time, and she only did it because this elderly requested her to.

"You look awesome, puttar." Kalyani patted Annika's cheeks.

"Thank you. Where are Om and Ru?" Annika asked.

"Right behind you." Two voices came.

"Hey!" Annika walked over rapidly and hugged the two men, who weren't less than brothers.

"Hello to you too, Paanika." The more masculine voice uttered, belonging to the man that was ignored by the trio's hugs and gushes.

"Hello Billuji." Annika took in the sight of her "co-worker" who looked no less than a male supermodel in that white sherwani.

"There are so many people here today." She looked away and remarked, looking at the level of crowd.

"It is an Oberoi event. Of course, people will want to be here." Shivaay replied haughtily.

"Yeah, yeah. But the actual reason why they all are here is to know who is becoming the next chairman after Mr. Oberoi." Om grunted, earning two small, soothing pats on either sides of his shoulders by Shivaay and Annika.

The aarti did go smoothly because of the brothers, but the darkness looming over them in the form of death of a man couldn't be prevented

***

"You look so pretty, Annika." Shefali Advani gushed, looking at the embroidery of Annika's saree. The peach, white, and golden silk saree paired with metal bangles adorned on her wrists, the usual long mangalsutra chain around her neck, and sindoor on her forehead made Annika look really beautiful.

"That I agree on. You wear that mangalsutra design so well." Shefali's daughter, Mahika, said.

That Annika can relate to. When Annika was getting remarried to Shivaay, Kalyani insisted on a very royal wedding that took place on Oberoi grounds lavishly. The jewellery and clothes too were handcrafted and blessed by the Oberois' panditji. Kalyani decided on a gold and black-bead chain that had a lotus sutra pendant studded with diamonds and two family gems. It was a gaudy design that Annika was absolutely terrified of, but the matriarch made sure that it weighed less than it looked like.

Those days! Even if Dadi was really annoying at times, Annika loved her and wished to just hug her at the moment.

"How are you doing, dear?" Karan Advani asked who just entered the hall along with Shivaay, son-in-law, Taran, and sons, Kabir and Vikas.

"Doing very fine, uncle. How are you?" Annika bent to touch his feet, to which the older man blessed.

"How will I do? My business is going great. My daughter and my sons are settled, thanks to your husband. I am on the top of the world, you could say." The old man laughed in sheer joy, side hugging Shivaay, who returned the affection with a dignified smile.

"Main abhi aayi." Shefali excused herself.

"Do you need some help, aunty?" Annika asked.

Always There for Each Other ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara