Chapter 22 - Fight and Therapy

Catra's POV

The semi-finals were in a week and we were practising our setlist, which after much discussion we all agreed on, "That was great. Let's have a break," Perfuma said and everyone went to relax on the couches. There was an awkward silence between everyone until I spoke up not bearing it anymore, "Does anyone want to talk about anything?" I asked and we all looked at each other, "Why don't you two tell us when you fell in love with the other?" Bow suggested and before I could object everyone agreed. "I guess I'll go first. I think I always loved Adora but the Horde didn't teach us about love or emotions that much and they even told us to suppress them so the concept of love wasn't very familiar with us so I can't pinpoint exactly when I fell in love with Adora," I explained and Adora nodded, "Yeah, same for me," she said. "Well, that was kind of disappointing," Mermista said in her usual monotone, "I'm sorry it's not my fault we grew up in an abusive home where we were told to suppress our feelings, therefore not knowing what love was," I retaliated, "Okay, let's calm down," Perfuma said. "I'm sorry we don't have a perfect tale but feel free to tell me when you fell in love with fire boy," I said raising my voice slightly, "Sure," Mermista said also raising her voice, "Let's calm down and then we can apologize," Perfuma said trying to get the situation under control. Mermista and I started arguing until I felt a strong hand on my shoulder, I turned around to see Adora with a stern look on her face, "Let's go outside, you need some fresh air," she said and I complied. We went outside and she crossed her arms, I made myself smaller feeling embarrassed. "I'm sorr-" I started but was interrupted by Adora, "What was that?" she asked demandingly, "Sorry... I guess I'm just upset at the way we were treated and it's a sensitive topic and I just lashed out," I said shyly. I looked down until I felt two strong arms wrap around me, she pulled away after a few minutes, put her hands on my shoulders and looked me into the eyes, "I know you don't like talking about our childhood with other people. I think that maybe... you should go to therapy? I talked to Perfuma about my-our childhood and she said that there was a lot to unpack," she said and I nodded. I felt a tear on my cheek but Adora wiped it away before kissing my forehead, "I guess I'll give therapy a shot," I said and Adora smiled, "Thank you," she said before she grabbed my hand and brought me back inside. 

When we went back inside I apologized to Mermista and she apologized to me and we went back to practising, there was some tension between us so we didn't sound great, we all agreed to end practice early. "Perfuma wait," Adora said as she was walking toward the door, she came towards us with a smile, "Do you need something?" she asked sweetly, "Yes, would you mind if I tried a few therapy sessions with you?" I asked shyly, "I don't mind at all. How about tomorrow, I'm free from 5," she said, "Perfect," I said and she nodded. "I'll come to your dorm then. If you want Adora can be there for support and as a sense of comfort, just remember that everything you tell me is confidential and I won't tell anybody," she said and I nodded, "I think I prefer to do it alone, no offence Princess," I said but Adora just shrugged, "It's totally fine by me if you want to do it by yourself," she said and I smiled. "Well see you tomorrow," Perfuma said before going towards the door, "Bye," Adora and I said at the same time, we walked outside and got in the car, Glimmer and Bow were waiting for us inside. "Took you long enough," Glimmer complained which made me scoff, "Just drive Sparkles," I said and she started the engine. "It's only six do you guys want to do something?" Bow asked, Adora looked at me and I shrugged, "Sure," I said, "How about dinner, we can change then meet back at the car at quarter to seven," he suggested and we agreed. We got back to the dorm and got changed, we just put some casual clothes on and went back to the car, we waited ten minutes and Glimmer and Bow finally showed up, "Took you long enough," I said and this time Glimmer scoffed, "Let's just go," she said and I laughed. 

A/N

Word count: 790

Sorry that this is short and probably bad I just don't know what to write anymore so I'm probably going to have the semi-finals soon then the finals and then end the book there so maybe around 30 or fewer chapters total.