Chapter 16 - Girlfriends

Catra's POV

It's the day before the quarter-finals and the band is better than ever; ever since Adora and I have been going out I haven't thought about messing up or getting nervous on stage. "Hey, Catra? You've been super happy lately, why's that?" Lonnie asked at the end of band practice, "Her and Adora are going out," Scorpia said before I could respond to Lonnie's question, "Finally," Lonnie said which made me confused. "Congrats," Kyle said, "Thanks, Kyle. And Lonnie, what do you mean 'Finally'?" I asked her and she chuckled, "We've known that you two have liked each other since like forever. You were both too oblivious and dense to notice," Lonnie said, shrugging, "Makes sense," I shrugged. We left band practice and went to have dinner, me and Adora were going to have a dinner date tonight which she planned. She told me to dress up but not be very fancy so I put on some black, skinny jeans,  a red blouse with the top buttons unbuttoned and my black, leather jacket; after I got dressed I waited for Adora to pick me up outside. I waited for 10 minutes when I saw her car pull up and I walked towards it, she got out and was wearing black, skinny jeans with a belt, a white t-shirt and an open creme blazer; 'She looks so beautiful' I thought to myself but must have said it out loud because Adora chuckled, "You look very beautiful too," she said which made me blush. "Did I say that out loud?" I asked and she nodded, "Yes, now shall we go?" she asked motioning the car, "Yes," I said and got in the car with Adora. The drive was quiet and it took about 20 minutes to get to the restaurant, when we got there it was 7:30 and the restaurant looked pretty fancy, "Table for Miss Carrero?" Adora asked one of the workers, "Follow me," they said after checking the reservation. We sat down and a waiter came and gave us some menus, I looked at the prices shocked, "Adora this place is too fancy, I can't let you pay €100 for a meal for two people!" I said slightly upset at the blonde for spending so much money on me, "I just wanted to have a nice dinner before the big day tomorrow, plus can't a girl spend some money on their beautiful date?" she said trying to convince me. "I guess you can... but tomorrow isn't that big I don't think it's necessary to go to a fancy restaurant just for a performance, are you planning something?" I said the last part suspiciously, "Maybe," Adora said smirking mischievously. We ordered our food and drinks and talked about silly things and some deep things and eventually, our food came, I had ordered some fancy fish and Adora got steak. "I talked to Lonnie today and she said that they've known we've liked each other since forever but we were too oblivious to notice," I said finishing my fish, "Were we that obvious yet oblivious at the same time that everyone except us knew about the other's feelings?" Adora asked sounding shocked, "Apparently," I said sarcastically, "Well I'm glad that they convinced me to ask you out," Adora said happily, "Yeah me too," I said. After finishing our food Adora only ended up paying €80, the sun hadn't set yet and she suggested that we go to the beach and watch it set and I agreed, the beach was only a 10-minute drive and Adora came prepared and brought a blanket to sit on. 

We sat down on the blanket, the beach was completely empty, it was just the two of us; we were leaning on our hands with our legs stretched out in front of us. "It's beautiful," she said as the sun was setting on the horizon, "It's very beautiful," I said but I wasn't looking at the sunset, I was looking at Adora and she must have sensed that because she turned towards me. "Adora, I need to tell you something," I said a bit nervous, "Sure, what's on your mind?" she said and I chuckled nervously, "Well you know how we've known and liked each other basically our entire lives?" I asked and she nodded, "Well at a certain point I stopped liking you and i-" I started saying but she interrupted me, "You don't like me?" she asked sadly, "Wait you didn't let me finish," I said panicking, "Okay," she said relieved. "So at I certain point, I stopped liking you and instead... I love you, Adora, I always have," I said and she made a face that I couldn't decipher. "You love me?" she asked pointing at herself, "You're such an Idiot," I said looking away, smiling for a bit then turning back to Adora, the look she gave me made my face go blank, "I love you too," she said, I smiled and grab her face. I closed my eyes and kissed her, the kiss felt different from the others and it seemed like fireworks were going off and I got butterflies in my stomach. "Wow," Adora said after we pulled away, "Don't ruin it," I said slightly laughing. "Hey, Catra? Will you be my Girlfriend?" Adora asked me, "Of course I will, dummy," I said giggling a bit, "Well can we have our first official kiss as girlfriends then?" she asked me, "Of course we can. But you don't have to ask if you can kiss me," I said happily. The kiss was more passionate and full of love, I moved onto Adora's lap and put my hands on the back of her neck while she had hers on my back, the kiss lasted longer than a minute and when we broke apart we were panting. We looked at each other and blushed, "Well... that was different," Adora said, "Yeah, we should do it again," I said confidently, "I think so too," she said as I got off her lap, "We should get going," I said reaching out for her to take my hands, she took them and I helped her up. "Yeah, it's getting late... Babe," she said smiling. Adora drove me home and gave me a goodnight kiss, I went back to my dorm very giddy and I realized that I would be seeing Adora again tomorrow and got excited.

A/N 

Word count: 1089 

Back from the Dead! Schools been busy but I have found time to write a chapter, I tried to make the 'I love yous' smiliar to the original in She-ra but all the original lines wouldn't really fit with the stories but I tried. Thank you for 660 reads and nearly 50 votes, I didn't think this many people would read this story, also thank you so so much for being ranked #2 in catra that is unbelievable, I think yesterday it was only #4. 

Can someone explain how the algorithm works because I have no Idea how my story is ranked #2

Can someone explain how the algorithm works because I have no Idea how my story is ranked #2. Anyway thank you for reading and being patient, until next time. I wrote this on Thursday but forgot to upload it, sorry.