Chapter 49: Offer

Start from the beginning

I could never forgive him if proven that he was the one who commanded them.

"Just you wait grandpa." I said as I prepared myself to see him.

I work a black dress fit for my body. My hair once again went back longer. I wore black stilettos to match my dress making my fair skin standout. I wore a vintage black pillbox hat with veil that covered half of my eyes. I wore dark red lipstick and brought a bag with me.

"Let's go." I said as my bodyguard opened the door for me to get in.

"Long time no see." I said as the familiar high gates opened up.

The car went to the long driveway and turned around the huge garden maze. It stopped and the driver opened the door for me.

I looked up and looked at the tall mansion in front me. I clenched my jaw and walked inside.

"I would like to speak to the chairman. Tell him it's Lady Mikasa Hizuru Ackerman." I said and the girl on the reception desk's eyes widened.

"Please wait for a minute Madame and make yourself at home." She was panicking.

I know she recognizes me but she must have gotten scared of how different I look now.

I sat at the chair elegantly as what I have learned in Japan for years. Kiyomi taught me everything even the tiniest details of how a Princess should drink her tea.

I looked around and noticed that some interiors have changed. It was still classic but the designs have changed a little. The details have became gold and it looked even heavenly. It was beautiful. But I am not here for a visit. I am here to talk and to buy the land where my parents are currently buried.

"Good day. Sorry to keep you waiting. Please follow me." A woman appeared. I didn't know her. She must be new.

My bodyguard continued to followed me as I walked behind the girl and we entered an elevator. Few steps and I was standing next to a very huge door.

"The chairman is waiting for you Madame." She says and I nodded.

I was about to go when I remembered my bodyguards and told him to stay outside and wait for me.

"But Lady Mikasa.." The other one insisted but I glared at him.

With just like that, the woman disappeared as she excused herself. My bodyguards stood side by side as I slowly knock.

"Come in." A deep voice echoed inside and my heart started beating like crazy.

No, it can't be.

I pushed the door slowly and closed it once I got in.

I was welcomed into a huge office. There was a huge shelf full of books. The ceiling was so high and I looked in front of me. A chair was turned back with someone sitting on it.

"I want to speak to the chairman." I spoke clearly but softly.

"You already are. I am the chairman." He spoke.

My breathing was uneven as he slowly turned around his swivel chair and faced me. It can't be.

No. This can't be.

The chairman is..

Eren Jaeger.

"What brings you here Lady Mikasa Hizuru Ackerman?" He raised his eyebrows as he tiredly looked at me while holding a book.

I looked like I was about to get eaten by a snake. I could feel my nerves shaking. This can't be happening. I felt like my whole blood left my body. My heartbeat was erratic and I couldn't breathe properly.