Chapter 46: The Search

Start from the beginning

"Will call you later Sasha." I said as I dropped the call and dialed a new number.

"Did you see her? Did she texted you?" My voice was getting louder as I waited for Ymir's response.

"I told you bitch I don't know. You live in one house but you don't know where she is?" Ymir replied and it made me even more frustrated. She's right.

I even called the boys and looked for her but they didn't see her.

"Maybe she went for a jogging? Or did she already go to the restaurant Carla?" Grisha asks.

I was fuming mad I was gripping my phone too much I could destroy it.

"I called but they said they didn't see her either. Did she went out with her friends again Eren?" Mom asks.

"I don't know. She was here last night." I gripped my hair as I could feel myself getting worked up.

"I'm going to the cemetery. I'll look for her." I said as I grabbed mg car keys.

"You have to take some breakfast first. She will come home." My dad says but I didn't listen to him.

"Eren, you are just overthinking too much. She will come home. Does she even have anybody else aside from us?" His voice echoed inside our house.

"You don't understand dad." I said.

"On what part did I not understand. I frantically raised the both of you. I worked hard enough for this family." He says and I looked at him.

"You don't understand the part that I love her. You even warned the two of us. I love her and I don't want her gone. You don't understand that!" I said making my mother gasped. My dad's mouth hanged open as I went outside.

"Eren, son come on. I will help you!" My mother tried to stop me from going out.

"I will come back. I have to find her mom." I said as I went inside the car and my dad kept on calling my name.

"I wear if the Jaegers have something to with do this, I would never forgive them." I said as I thought about my wicked grandfather, Eren Kruger.

I called my cousins but they said she never went there. Of course, she cannot go there without any Jaeger with her. They will not allow her to go inside. I'm so dumb. Why would she even go there?! Think Eren think!!

Even on the road, I kept on looking side to side to search for her. I arrived at the cemetery but she wasn't there. I even went all the way to their old house. To the hill we used to play but she wasn't there.

"Where the fuck are you Mikasaaaa!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I was so close to giving up.

I already reported this to the police but they said they still have to wait for 24 hours to search for her.

"Fuck this system! How much do I have to pay for you to do your job properly!" I snarled at the police officer but he just looked at me.

"This is our policy young man and you can't do anything about it." He says and I felt like weak as I was slowly losing hope.

It was almost 4 PM but I still haven't even ate anything. My stomach has been growling nonstop. She didn't come home. None of my friends are looking for her thinking she will just come home.

"I am fucking useless. I can't even find a single person!!"

"You're not hopeless." A tall bearded blond guy suddenly sat beside me in this park. His dog wiggled its tail as it barked at me.

"You look familiar." I said as I recalled a blond guy Mikasa used to talk before while they sat at the garden. It was him.

"Of course I am. I am Zeke. Dr. Zeke Jaeger, your brother." My mouth went wide open as the dog barked.

I couldn't believe it. I have an older brother and he is a Doctor like Dad?

"You must be mistaken. I didn't have any brother." I said in disbelief.

Grisha, if this is true then you must explain. Does my mom even know?

"I have actually observed you long enough. I was just waiting for the perfect timing to introduce myself because I know you won't believe it. I am your big brother. I am also that man's son." He said and my eyes widened.

He looked at me and smiled.

"I have always wanted to meet you Eren, my brother." He smiled.

His dog was wiggling his tail as it suddenly went to me.

"Alice likes you. She likes Mikasa too." He says.

I stayed silent as he continued talking. This is too much to handle.

"I don't know what to say. Why did dad never mentioned anything about you? Why did he had to lie to my mom. She never did anything wrong!" I was angry. I can't believe my dad is a fucking asshole.

"Don't worry. I never said anything to anyone not even to Mikasa that I was your brother. I never even wanted to meet your father, his face disgusts me. I am happy with Alice now. I just want you to know about me as your big brother. You are not alone, Eren." He says.

I looked at the cars passing by on the other side as we sat on this bench. What hell is this day for?!

"Have you seen Mikasa?" I suddenly asked as he started smoking.

"I didn't know where she is." He answered and I have never been so low my entire life.

"I didn't even know she is safe. If she already ate. Why she did this?! I just don't understand. We were happy last night but it came to this!" I gripped my hair looking down.

I rubbed my face with my hands trying not to cry. This is the most frustrating moments in my life. To look for what doesn't want to be found.

"But I can help you. I can even help you enter medical school. I have my own hospital Eren. Come to me if you need anything like internship of anything. I won't hesitate to help you." Zeke says as he exhaled some smoke.

"Thank you but I can manage." I said as I stood up.

"You love her." It wasn't a question.

"Very." I said and he sighed.

"How did you know?" I asked him as chuckles.

"Oh, I can see it in your eyes. You don't have to tell me." He says as he patted my back. I was surprised. I am not used to having a older brother yet.

"Don't worry much about her. If she's yours then she will definitely come back. If she doesn't, then she was never yours to begin with." That's what Zeke said before he bid his goodbye to me.

"Here is my calling card and address. Contact me if you need anything. Anything Eren. I will provide you anything you want. Just don't fuck up like your goddamn father. I have to go." He says.

I stood there as I watched his dog trailing behind him. I recalled what happened to this day that made me tired. My stomach is growling still but I didn't mind it.

First, I couldn't find Mikasa. Second, I actually have a brother. But third, I could never fucking forgive Grisha for lying to my mom. She has the right to know.

I went back home preparing to confront my father.