Chapter 12

Noel's Point Of View

I didn't wake up until past noon. I stayed in bed for the next couple hours until I decided to find something to do.

Aunt Cathy left to go to work around ten in the morning. Two hours before I woke up. I changed into a t-shirt, shorts, and some black toms. I pulled my hair into a messy bun and put some mascara on. I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs to the kitchen.

The doorbell rings and I walk into the living room towards the front the door, opening the door, it reveals Lauren.

"Hey, Noel," Lauren said, smiling. I grinned and let her inside the house. "What are you doing?"

"Uh, just woke up, actually," I said, walking into the kitchen. "I'm about to make some food."

"Oh, what are you making?" Lauren asked, following me.

"Pizza rolls, I guess," I said, shrugging my shoulders. "That's pretty much the only thing I could make without burning."

Lauren laughed. After about two or three hours, Lauren left to go home. I sat on the roof of the house, watching as cars drove by.

"What are you doing up there?" I looked at down, it's Luke. "You know you're going to fall."

"I've done this before," I shook my head.

He laughed. "Sure, you have." He climbs up the tree and sits right next to me. "So, have I."

I kept my eyes on the street, ignoring his eyes on me. Finally, after five or more minutes, I looked at him. He's smiling at me.

"What? Is there something on my face?" I asked.

"You're really pretty," He said.

I rolled my eyes and stood up. I stepped through my window and sat on my bed. Luke steps through.

"Oh, you're more than welcomed to come inside my room," I said, sarcasm in my tone.

He chuckled and sat next to me. "You have a nice room."

"There's barely nothing in here," I said. "Creativity isn't in my vocabulary."

"Oh," He said. "I can help you with that."

"What do you know about creativity?" I asked.

He laughed. "I have some friends who can show you that."

"Sure, you do," I said, being more sarcastic than before.

He laughed and looked forward. I turned my head to the other side, away from him. I turned back and he's looking right at me.

"I want to show you a place," He said, standing up. "Come on, it's not that far."

I sighed and stood up next to him. I just now realized I'm a lot shorter than I thought I was. I was always short. Luke lead the way towards the woods, where we stopped in front of pond. He sits down on a bench and gestures me to sit next to him.

I raised a eyebrow. "What is this place?"

He looked towards the pond. "It's where I usually write songs or just come here to think. When I'm usually stressed out or angry, I come here, where no one can bother me. It's like a go-to place."

I slowly walked over to him and sat down. Looking towards the pond, I seen lily pads floating around in the crystal clear water. A bunch of small and big fish were swimming around. The sound of frogs was quietly heard.

"It's pretty," I said.

"I found out about this place a couple years ago after a breakup," Luke said. "I was walking down the street, my head faced the ground, avoiding looking into people's eyes. Tears fell down here and there. I looked up and suddenly I seen this pond. I sat on this bench and didn't get up until late at night."

"That's nice," I said. "I should be going. Aunt Cathy doesn't let me out this late."

Luke looks at his phone. "It's only four in the afternoon."

"Right," I said, chuckling awkwardly. "But, I should really get going. Goodbye, we'll hang some other time."

Luke waved a little and watched as I walked away. I looked over my shoulder behind me and noticed he was gone. I'm starting to think about this boy. During times when I shouldn't be. He starting to cross my mind every time and I shouldn't let him. I don't want him in my mind.

Maybe I do.

/•\•/•\

I HAVE FINALLY UPDATED AFTER A CENTURY! THANK YOU FOR READING THIS BOOK! DO NOT WORRY! WE ARE NOT EVEN HALF WAY THROUGH THE BOOK! THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO COME! THANK YOU!

MY INSTAGRAM IS - _.katiehill._

MY TWITTER IS - notkatiehill

FOLLOW ME AND I MAY FOLLOW BACK!

Meep.