"Mporo na sas voithiso me kati?" She politely asked and came to my side, beside the table with the accessories. (Can I help you with anything?)

"Oxi, oxi, euxaristo" I answered her with a tight smile, feeling my body getting hotter and hotter underneath all that clothing. The drastic change of the temperature annoyed me incredibly and I'm sure that I would take it out on the polite assistant. (No, no thank you)

I looked over at her one last time and the shining gold chain that dove inside her burgundy button-up shirt caught my attention and made me do a double-take. I gasped and my hand shot out towards her neck before I could stop it. I pulled at the frightened assistant's necklace slightly, revealing it to my eyes. 

But instead of a ring, a small heart-shaped locket stood on the end of the necklace. My wide eyes snapped up to the woman's who looked at me with a scared expression. I immediately removed my hand, placed it by my side, and looked down at my shoes, embarrassed. 

"Eee, signomi... am, exeis poli omorfo kolie..." I stuttered out, highly ashamed of my irrational action. (Ummm, I'm sorry...um, you have a really beautiful necklace)

"Ee, eyxaristo... Ean xreiasteite kati peite mou"She trailed off and quietly left, walking towards the cashier who was watching the events unfold, ready to intervene. I cursed underneath my breath and turned towards the table, trying to get him out of my mind again. (Erm, thank you... If you need anything just tell me)

I looked down at the cufflinks and tried to find something that would fit him. 

I chose a pair of silver cufflinks with emeralds that stood out beautifully. Without looking at the woman in the eye, I paid the cashier quietly and quickly, and run out of the store. Once I was outside and away from the shop that I would never set my foot in again, I exhaled and sipped on my latte, the warm liquid calming me down immediately. 

What was that about?, I heard Kara laughing out loud inside my mind, mocking me. My cheeks flamed and I shut my eyes tightly, trying to forget it ever happened. 

Nothing. Let's never talk about it again, I grunted and hissed underneath my breath. I started walking towards my house which was about 15 minutes away if I jogged a little. I was more than eager to return home. 

Once my thoughts recalled the incident, a pang of loneliness hit my chest for the millionth time this past month. I shook my head, trying to ignore the fact that the pain was getting worse every single day. 

I shouldn't be alone today or else I'm gonna replay that terrible moment again and again till I die from my shame. 

I unlocked my phone and pressed Christine's name, calling her number. She picked up on the third ring. 

"Hey El"

"Heyyy, what are you up to?"

"Just cooking some lunch for Elliot and me. How about you?"

"Awww, you guys are so cute! I was out shopping and now I'm heading home. I was wondering if you're free in the afternoon, and maybe come over and watch some movies" 

"Um yes sure. I'll be over at... um, like 7? Is that okay?"

"Yes, yes. That's perfect. See you then babes"

"Okay great. Elliot says hiii"

"Give him a kiss for me. I've gotta go now. Bye Chris, love you"

"Adiooos, love you too"

I hung up the phone and sighed as I kept walking towards my house, taking a right turn into an emptier street that didn't have any shops, only buildings with apartments.