Chapter 42: The Gift

Start from the beginning

"Hey you. I will not forget this." Levi says as he scoffed.

"The Ackerman clan is so proud for you Mikasa." Levi said and I smiled.

"Thank you big brother Levi. Take care." I said as he went with Hange.

"I have to go. I still have to take care of Alice. Enjoy your day Mikasa." I didn't know what got into Zeke but he ran as fast as he could I didn't even got to say goodbye properly.

Now I have this two pretty flowers.

"Hey. Who's that guy there huh? Are you having suitors now?" Eren's voice made me turn around as I shyly smiled at him.

"It's Mr. Zeke and Mr. Levi." I smiled shyly and he looked angry at the flowers I have.

"Those aren't as pretty as I have." He scoffed. My mouth went wide open as he handed a bouquet of white chocolates.

"Eren..Omg I love it. Did you made this?" My eyes were sparkling as I looked over the chocolates wrapped securely inside.

"Nope. But I paid for it. I told you my gift is cooler. You should just drop those trash." He says and I laughed.

"Who said the flowers are trash? What did I just hear Eren Jaeger?" Carla came talking behind us and her hands are already on her waist.

"Nothing mom I didn't say anything really." Eren laughed nervously as her mom and I laughed.

"Do you want them Carla? You can have it. But the chocolates are mine." I chuckled and her eyes sparkled in joy.

"Honey you are the sweetest. Of course this is for you but I will hold them for you okay?" Carla smiles me and I kissed her cheek.

"Thank you Carla. I love you." I said and she smiled.

"Okay now what are you waiting for Eren! Go stand next to Mikasa. I will take a pic!" She exclaimed making the both of us laugh.

"Like this?" Eren placed his arm over me again and I placed my hand on his waist as I held the bouquet of chocolates in my right hand.

"Show your medal, honey. There! Cute!" Carla says as the lights flashed.

"Another one." She says and Eren leaned his head in mine as I grinned at the camera.

We also had a wacky picture where he carried the bouquet looking at the camera smiling and I stick my tongue out on him.

"We want to join too!" Armin says and we took several pictures once again.

"Son I'm proud of you. And you too Mikasa. Well done." Grisha says and he pats Eren's back.

"Thanks Dad." Eren said and we all headed to the parking lot to go home and celebrate.

"Guys! Let's take a picture here again please." Historia pleaded and we all nodded.

We threw our hats in the air and made several poses while our school's main building is seen on the background.

Thankfully, I didn't see Kiyomi again. I am glad she distanced herself. I don't want to ruin everything.

We arrived home but found several cars parked outside.

"They are here." Grisha says.

We got out from the car and saw our grandparents.

"Took you long enough. I didn't want to wait." Eren's grandfather Eren Kruger says as he welcomed all of us.

"Mikasa! I missed you!" Louise and Kaya made their way to me and hugged me.

I hugged them back too.

Even Eren's aunt and uncles are all here. I felt shy.

"Dad. I didn't know you would come. You should have said so I could've prepared something for all of you." Grisha says but grandfather shook his head.

"No. You don't have to bother. I don't think you could provide what we really want anyway." He says and I swear I could feel the atmosphere getting so much pressure.

"This house Grisha. The kids swimming pool is even bigger than this. What a disgrace." He says. It was true. But he doesn't have to say that. That sure hurts.

Eren's grandma said something to him and he cleared his throat. I could feel Carla feeling down. I reached for her hand and smiled at her.

"If you are just going to insult us then you are free to leave. The gates are open for you to go." Grisha points at the gate and the old man laughed.

"You don't have to Grisha. We really are leaving. I am just here to congratulate Eren and Mikasa. That's all." Our grandpa said as he went closer to us.

"Congratulations my grandchildren. You made grandpa proud. Especially you Eren. But I still didn't forget how you defied my orders and didn't took business and look at you now, you didn't even gain some honor." Our grandpa says coldly and I looked down.

It was true. Eren chose what he wanted and he wanted to save lives. He chose to become a Doctor with a purpose. He just didn't want to inherit all those riches on a whim.

"Because of that, I will make sure that you will learn some lesson. Good luck my grandson." He says as he patted his shoulder.

"As for you Mikasa. You did a great job." He says and I nodded.

"Let's go and get out of this place now." He orders.

"Goodbye Mikasa. I wish I could stay longer." Louise sadly says and I smiled.

"Take care. See you soon!" Kaya waved at all of us as I watched the cars go away.

"He haven't really changed even at that age when death is calling him already." Grisha gritted his teeth in anger as he made his way towards the house. Carla was talking ti him along the way.

"Eren are you okay?" I asked and he flashed me a smile.

"Oh course I am. I would never let grandpa dictate me again no matter what." He laughed and I'm glad he didn't overthink about it.

"Let's go?" He said as he intertwined our fingers.

"Eren...I have always wanted to give this to you." I said shyly. My face heating up as he waited for me.

We were the only ones left alone in the living room now. Carla and Grisha are already sleeping and I texted him to come out of his room.

"What is it?" He excitedly unwrapped the wrapper around it and his eyes sparkled the moment he saw the doll I made when we were younger.

"Wait? The fuck? Is it me?!" He chuckled when I nodded.

"Don't you like it?" I asked shyly and he looked at me.

"Are you kidding me? This is the coolest doll I have ever seen. Did you made this?" He asked.

"Yeah. When I saw you the second time around when we were young but you didn't came back after that time so I made a doll just like you." I smiled shyly as I took a bite at the white chocolates he gave me earlier.

"I'm keeping it." He says and I laughed.

"Gimme some." He says as he pouted. I laughed and handed him some chocolates.

"I swear. My teeth will surely pay for this." I muttered and he laughed.

"Well tell that teeth you have there that I ain't stopping on giving you chocolates so he should prepare for the worst." He chuckles and I hit him.

"Eren thank you." I smiled softly at him.

"You're always welcome baby. Thank you for this gift I love it." He says and he pecked my lips.