Chapter 2: Daily Life

Keeping track of time was difficult with a mind that raced a hundred miles per second. Or so it seemed for Seokjin because where the days and weeks went were a wonder to him. Yet somehow everything moved far too slow, or maybe it was because of how blue life was. The only source of happiness were the few people he could call family.

His work allowed some solace, too. The insistent hustle and bustle of the pack kept his mind from drifting to darker places. There was not a moment of calm when there were shifters involved.

"Which of you thought it would be smart to jump into a freezing lake when winter is just barely gone?" Seokjin questioned the handful of trainees standing in front of him with soaked clothes clinging to their bodies.

The young shifters exchanged glances, but chose to remain silent.

"By the moon, if any of you falls sick, I will personally take you hell (!). Go and change, all of you!"

The juniors scurried away quickly, not wanting to be subjected to more of their teacher's wrath.

"And you," The elder pointed accusatorily towards the alpha beside him who was silently watching the spectacle. "You're supposed to be disciplining them,Yoongi(!) Not sharing sneaky tactics."

The younger bit back a laugh, feigning innocence. They knew the kids would be totally fine, and a little bit of mischief was always welcome to brighten up the rather dull days. Yoongi smiled innocently at the omega, knowing it would melt his hyung's soft heart anyway, letting him off the hook without much heat.

"I don't even know what to do with you guys anymore- No, don't look at me like that (!)." Seokjin squeaked at the alpha's puppy (kitten, but alright) eyes, unable to remain upset despite his best efforts. Besides, he wasn't even upset in the first place. They all have their fair share of trouble-making history that is still narrated by the pack members today. But he's the teacher so he has to act a little strict now, doesn't he?

"What else do we have on schedule today?"

"Nothing much. New students aren't coming in until next week, so the most we have to do today is a pack meeting."

Seokjin visibly stiffened a little, the expression gone before anyone took notice. Taehyung joined them midway, followed closely by his mate who had returned from his mission. The younger alpha trailed his pregnant omega like a guard puppy, watching the older's every move. Yoongi and Seokjin both laughed at their dongsaeng's behaviour, finding it adorably hilarious.

The love tale of the couple was no secret. The story of the childhood sweethearts have been passed down and around the pack for years, ever since they started courting. It was admirable to witness such beautiful love, and how they are pursuing their love and bond with such diligence years after, never losing their spark. It sometimes was indeed a sight for sore eyes. Yet it was one of the loveliest things anyone could come across.

"Don't eye your mate like he's food right out in the daylight, Jungkookie." Yoongi muttered to the younger alpha.

Said shifter's ears turned slightly pink yet the smile on his lips was completely smitten, utterly hopeless. Taehyung chuckled at the comment, used to the teasing after having heard it for so many years.

"Aish, you grumpy cat." Seokjin interjected, "Let him be. Poor thing's just got back after a month to his mate."

"Someone bring Jiminie to him."

The older alpha quietened down at the mention of the beta, the mood turning slightly cold. The reaction caused the other three to sigh silently.

"You can't be like this your entire life, Yoongi-ah. This isn't fair to anyone." Seokjin reasoned.

"Oh, and what his father does is fair, hyung?" He scoffed, "I'm sorry, Jin-hyung, but I am not as forbearing as you are. I can't act like everything is completely fine when it isn't. I mean-" He paused to collect breath, "We already are acting like we're alright everyday, anyway(!). Please, do not expect more than this from me. I will do nothing but disappoint you."

Yoongi walked away from them and into the pack hall, leaving his team to only exhale in dismay. This was a regular now, the constant shadow of gloom following even the tiniest moments of light they had in life. This was currently their daily life, and they were regrettably helpless for the time being.