𝟯.𝟲 | 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗨𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗟𝗬 𝗘𝗙𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧

AS ELEANOR FOLLOWED Wanda through the dark forest, questions upon questions brewed inside her mind, distracting her a little

AS ELEANOR FOLLOWED Wanda through the dark forest, questions upon questions brewed inside her mind, distracting her a little. Like, which one of her parents had the mystical bloodline? Did her parents know that Morgan Le Fay, who's supposed to be a myth, was an ancestor of theirs? More importantly, was her mother or father a witch or sorcerer all along? Did they practice the mystic arts?

Looking back, she remembered her parents were just regular humans who had a mutant child, her. There wasn't a hint -- not even one that they dabbled in the mystic arts. Her mother, Helen, was a humanitarian doctor and her father, Matthew, was a businessman. Did they hide the truth about their ancestry all along?

She sighed, feeling defeated. These questions of hers could only be answered by her parents, but they weren't around anymore. Just a few years back, her mother passed away, joining her father in the afterlife.

Raising her eyes once again to the sky, she gazed at the shining moon. There was no way of telling what time it was now exactly, but she felt that more than three hours had already passed. She and Wanda had been travelling non-stop to search for the exit of the realm in-between. Eleanor began to wonder if there was really one around since Purgatory seemed to be nothing else other than an endless expanse of trees, soil, and darkness.

The brunette's eyes then fluttered over to the white, glowing figures the sky. There were thousands of them and every after two minutes, another figure would appear in the pitch black firmament, meaning they have left the physical world.

Eleanor let out a breath of apprehension. Death was inevitable. Of that, she was certain. Every story ends, every life dies, and there's no stopping it. Even an immortal will meet his demise one day.

Part of the journey is the end.

So, what's the point in living if death is inevitable then?

For Eleanor, the point in living is to just enjoy it. Enjoy the journey because every person on Earth, human or mutant, is on borrowed time. So, make a difference, or stay happy for as long as possible since life is short and no one knows what will happen next.

Eleanor thought about Raven. She deserved to live or be given a second chance like her. Raven left so many people including her son, Kurt. Sadness washed over her at the thought of him losing his mother. Her friend had just recently gained courage to tell that he was her son and now, she was gone. Internally, Eleanor was grieving over Raven's untimely demise even though her mind was heavily occupied with several things.

Her thoughts then went over to her other friend, Valerie, as she thought about her ancestry once again. They both had powerful ancestors, but the only difference was that Athena, the Greek goddess of Wisdom's soul already resides in Valerie. She scratched her head, now focusing on the back of Wanda's head.

"I think I'm going to have a chat with Valerie about having powerful ancestors once I return." voiced out Eleanor, shrugging.

"Ah, Valerie..." Wanda chuckled. "She is currently facing a problem herself, you know."