𝟭.𝟱 | 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗠𝗣𝗜𝗥𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗜𝗥𝗘

ELEANOR WAS THANKFUL that the whole car ride was silent and the driver was Logan, not Charles

ELEANOR WAS THANKFUL that the whole car ride was silent and the driver was Logan, not Charles. It gave her the time to think properly about her recent actions. She still couldn't believe that she was in the same vehicle with Erik, the man she had once loved with all her heart and left her for his ambitions.

She fanned herself as heat crept up her cheeks. She could feel Erik's stare behind her and it was making her uncomfortable. Ten years and he still had the same effect on her.

This brought her back to the nights where they would stare up at the sky, watching the stars and he would just watch her talk. He would then tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear and whisper sweet things that would make her heart swoon. After they had left her cabin to settle in one of their safehouses, Erik took it upon himself to often visit her, encouraging her to embrace her mutation. She clenched her fist and released a steady breath. She needed to stop reminiscing their times together, it would only hurt even more. An hour from now and she would now be away from him. She wouldn't have to lay eyes on him again.

Truth be told, despite being mad with him for his actions, Eleanor still wanted to just embrace him and convince him to just let his rage go. She just wanted him to come back to her. However, she doubted he was willing to let go of his desire to exterminate humans.

Her thoughts then drifted to Charles who was sitting beside Hank at the back, his eyes directed outside the car window. Slowly, as she studied Charles Xavier further, she came to the conclusion why she had married the man. Charles was incredibly charming and handsome. It was just that right now, he was broken and lost. Everything was taken away from him and he just wanted to forget. He wanted to forget other people's pain as well as his own. Eleanor assumed that his dull blue eyes were as vibrant as his dreams before. The man just needed a push in the right direction again.

She wondered if things would remain the same. With this reversing history, will something change? Or will she still be resigned to the same fate? Would she really move on from Erik and love Charles? How was that even possible? How did it even happen?

The car soon parked in front of a private plane. Everyone went out of the car except her. This was it. Her job was done. She had freed Valerie Swan so that means she could go home now, right? That was proven wrong when Logan knocked her car window, urging her to come out. She opened it slightly to talk with him.

"I believe I'm done here, Logan. I did what you asked of me. I'm going home." She said.

Logan shook his head, sighing. "Look, ma'am, Erik said you'd balance us all together and as much as I hate to say this, he's right. At this time, Charles and Erik are not on good terms. I won't be surprised if these two suddenly attack each other. I need someone who'll be focused on this solely."

Eleanor wrung her hands together. More time with Erik and Charles? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. She wanted to reject Logan's attempt to convince her, but as she stared up, she saw the weariness in his eyes. He just desperately wanted to change things to save everyone in his future. She then knew it in herself she wanted to help. She nodded and finally got out of the car, following him inside the plane.