𝟮.𝟯 | 𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗢𝗪 𝗜𝗧

ELEANOR WALKED the halls of the mansion, her arms full of the books she needed for her next class

ELEANOR WALKED the halls of the mansion, her arms full of the books she needed for her next class. Her mind was pretty stressed too since Nathaniel and Anastasia almost blew up the laboratory earlier for fun. They were trying to experiment with their powers using the chemicals they discovered around. One could imagine the horror she felt when she heard the story from Hank earlier.

She turned around a corner and her eyes caught sight of a tall red-haired girl. "Jean!" she greeted, immediately ambling towards her. The girl grinned and waited for her to come near.

Jean was like a daughter to Eleanor since she had mostly raised her. It was maybe because they both had similar mutations that she trained Jean herself in controlling her abilities. The girl was a very gifted telekinetic and telepath that Eleanor was certain Jean rivalled her and Charles. The only problem with her was that she was afraid of her gifts. She always needed an assurance that she was still in control. Eleanor would sometimes advise her to let go of whatever that was restraining her, but Charles would intervene and say that it isn't a good idea to do so.

"How's Nate and Ana? I heard the little adventure they did earlier." Jean smirked, looking at her.

Eleanor chuckled. "Please don't remind me, my dear. I was so terrified that I felt I had a heart attack when I first heard about it."

"We can't let our beloved teacher die early on us. That would be catastrophic." Jean stared at her, smirking. "Everyone is looking up to you. You're their hero. You're our hero."

Eleanor swallowed at that. Ever since she had faced Erik and stopped him from killing the president, everyone called her a hero. They praised her and Raven for their bravery. Yet somehow internally, Eleanor felt like she didn't deserve it. She only did what she thought was good for everyone at the cost that she almost killed the man she loved the most.

Her deed that day then catapulted her into instant popularity that every mutant and human who supported them called her an inspiration, a hero. The face of a new age.

For a time, Eleanor used that recognition to educate people about their existence and tried to persuade the government to give them the rights they deserve. Eleanor would have press conferences then left and right, providing information about mutantkind and advocating for it all.

It was only after she noticed her family needed her presence that she stopped her conferences and focused more on them and the school.

The two women continued to talk as they went down the stairs. Jean was asking about the chemical composition of stars when Eleanor suddenly noticed she was about to bump into someone.

"Watch out!" She tried to warn Jean, but it was too late. The boy crashed into her, knocking all her papers off her arms. Jean instantly used her telekinesis to return them all to her.

"I can't..." Scott answered though no one had spoken to him. Eleanor smirked as she realized Jean had used her telepathy to talk with him.

"What? Who are you talking to?" the blond boy who Eleanor assumed was his brother questioned, his eyebrows furrowing. His mind was vulnerable and open that the brunette couldn't help, but hear all his thoughts. She discovered immediately that they were Alex and Scott Summers.