𝟭.𝟰 | 𝗙𝗔𝗡𝗖𝗬 𝗦𝗘𝗘𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘

"CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE not let him drive next time?"

Eleanor wobbled on her feet, dizzy from Charles' driving. Hank grabbed her shoulders, steadying her. She had no idea why she agreed to let the intoxicated supposed telepath drive their car. She wanted to be the one to be behind the wheel, but Charles insisted that he do it. Now, here she was, stumbling and feeling sick to her stomach.

"Hey! I drove pretty well!" He retorted, adjusting his sunglasses to hide his eyes.

"Please, you wouldn't even pass driving school with that." She rolled her eyes, gripping Hank's arm for support as they went up the suburban house. Logan told her earlier that they had to bring a Peter Maximoff with them in order to successfully break Erik out of prison. "Seriously, whoever decided to let you drive deserves an award for being incredibly stupid."

"Are you ever going to stop talking?" Charles grumbled, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"No, not until you get your shit together so we can save the world and I can go home."

Hank suppressed a laugh by coughing and clearing his throat. "Are you sure these two got married?" He mumbled to Logan who only grunted. He bit his lip as he carefully settled Eleanor beside him. Logan promptly knocked on the door as she took note of the worn-out carpet. She tilted her head to the side at its appearance, curious.

A middle-aged woman answered the door and instantly groaned upon seeing them. She assumed she must be Peter's mother. "What's he done now? I'll just write you a check for whatever he took."

The brunette raised her eyebrow at this, but decided not to utter any word. She shared a glance at Hank who seemed to be curious as well.

"We just need to talk to him."

With a heavy sigh, she opened the door further to let them in. "Peter! The cops are here. Again."

They were led to a basement where a silver haired young man was playing table tennis. Eleanor furrowed her eyebrows as she saw silver blurs around the room. Her eyes kept moving left and right, trying to see who was moving too fast. It seemed that every blink she made, it was at the other side of the tennis table, hitting the ball equally.

"What do you guys want? I didn't do anything." A silver-haired teenager suddenly sat down on the couch, his hands casually placed behind his head. Eleanor stumbled backwards, surprised to see him behind her. "I've been here all day."

"Just relax, Peter. We're not cops." Logan assured him, stepping forward. Eleanor furrowed her eyebrows as she tried to figure out what his mutation was. She stood beside Charles who was swaying slightly.

The boy snorted. "Of course you're not. If you were, you wouldn't be driving a rental car."

"How did you know we've got a rental car?"