⚛INTERMISSION⚛

Start from the beginning

"But the stories you told me ... I read them their too...That all wasn't just stories was it?"

From childhood she heard ,outside South Mirrom Row there are people who can turn into monsters , they would eat human mercilessly so to protect humanity South Mirrom Row was casted with spell so it was hidden from the monsters.

Wasn't it a bedtime story?

At least Aryah thought so.

At this Sofia stops sewing altogether and shifts her attention to Aryah.
"No."

Aryah gasps, "sooo the people there can they.."

"Yes. The people there can shift. And it's not only there, except our land most of the area are now under their control.Remember it's all game of power? It's always the powerful one that rules. The book that you read is indeed old that's why it tells that only the north side is ruled by the shape shifters but at present they are everywhere.
In fact our kind is rare. Humans are rare."

"Shape shifters are real." She mumbles.

"Yes darling and you are to never go anywhere near them!"

Aryah stops eating."So that is why you never let me out of this area." She says to herself and recall what she learned from her grandma's old book that she found yesterday accidentally. But now she is glad that she found that book.

After reading the book she thought that it was all some story that her grandma tells her but it sure sparked curiosity in her so she decided to ask her grandma in the morning. But she never thought her to say this.

"Then why didn't you tell me that all your stories were actually real?"

"It is better if you know less about them. I know how curious you can get.
Once you got ready with your little adventure bag to go to see the dancing fairy that you read in a book and I had to search the entire Mirrom for four hours to find you at the entrance. Haha and you ask me why I didn't tell you earlier!" Her grandma's sarcastic comment never seems to disappoint Aryah.

" I just wanted to protect you. And it's not like you will be going outside of South Mirrom.We have everything we need here.It is better not to talk about the monsters.
Finish your breakfast I will be gone for the afternoon." Saying she goes to grab her winter cote.

Aryah stands up with her mouth agape.

Sofia turns towards her before heading out,
"Huff! I know you are curious , the boring looking books in my closet will help you for now...I am indeed old now it's time for you to know.I can't keep you safe one day...

Be good and don't destroy my kitchen.."

Aryah faintly hears her say the last sentences meaning her grandma is already gone in search of everyday necessities leaving her with a curious and confused mind.

"Grandma..."

Aryah now knows the world doesn't just stop into the boundaries of the South Mirrom, that there's not many human in the world mostly deadly breasts that roam around the earth and that's why they were always alarm. The beasts are actually ruling the world. The shape shifters. They can shift into human form whenever they wants to at the same time they can hunt like a predators.

They are the powerful one that runs the world.

Suddenly she feels like she was living under a cave all this time knowing literally nothing.

All the afternoon she spent her time reading the old books. There was a lot of sentences that she didn't understand as it was all ancient lettering.
'That is what happens when you don't pay attention to what grandma is teaching Aryah!'