I smile at Aria as she looks around the lobby while we wait for the elevator to take us to the last floor where the restaurant and a bar are located. We all step in when the elevator comes and we go to the last floor.

"Is this okay?" I ask Aria and take her hand in my, interlocking our fingers when we step out of the elevator. She looks down at our hands and a light blush coats her cheeks as she nods. I quietly chuckle and lightly brush my thumb on the back of her hand so she can relax. I know she is not a big fan of crowded places and neither am I to be honest but I want to show her that she is safe and plus I like the feeling of her hand in mine. And even though this is all an act for people here, I wouldn't mind if she held my hand anytime. It's a nice feeling.

Okay, Lorenzo, you need to chill. It's just hand-holding, geez.

I shake my head at myself before we walk further into the room where the bar is. I see that Aria likes the view from here. The glass walls show the city before us perfectly but the view is even better when you go out on the terrace where the restaurant is.

Loud cheers erupt when people notice that I'm here and I can't help but chuckle at the little woman by my side when she flinched at the loud noise. I caress her hand one more time before thanking everyone.

"Thank you all for coming here tonight. I worked really hard to get to where I am now and I have to thank every one of you for helping me on that journey. I hope we will work well together and accomplish every plan we have. I hope you enjoy yourselves tonight and have fun. Thank you". 

I finish the toast and thank the people that came up to me to congratulate me personally. "Congratulations Lorenzo. You deserve this and I bet your mother would be so proud of you" Mrs. Johnson comes up to me and Aria and I smile at her. She was a good friend of my mother.

"Thank you, Mrs. Johnson, I'm glad you could make it here today," I tell her before her gaze falls on Aria. "Oh, you must be Aria. I'm Mrs. Johnson dear, it's nice to finally meet you. I'm sorry I couldn't attend the wedding" she shakes hands with Aria and I take her hand back in mine when Mrs. Johnson lets go of it.

"Oh that's okay and it's nice to meet you to Mrs. Johnson" Aria smiles at her sweetly and I can't help but look at her. "Oh, your mother would love her. Such a sweet lady" Mrs. Johnson smiles at her before she looks at me. 

I smile sadly at her. I'm sure my mother would love Aria. She even reminds me of her. They are both gentle and nice souls, angel-like, and they don't let darkness ruin them, to change them. No, they shine even brightly, showing how strong and powerful they are.

I look down at Aria when she looks at me confused. Probably thinking why are we talking about my mother like that and what happened to her. But I can't answer those questions, at least not yet.

More people come up to us to congratulate me and to meet my wife but I quickly free us from everyone to give us a break. We go outside and join Lucas and Lindsey who are chatting. "There you are. We were wondering if you'll make it alive" Lindsey lets out but makes me chuckle.

"You want to get drinks with me by the bar?" she looks at Aria. "Sure" Aria smiles at her and slides her hand from mine so she can go. I stand next to Lucas and watch the two as they enter the closed area once again and then disappear into the crowd.

"Man, how long has it been since you were with a woman?" Lucas puts his hand on my shoulder and chuckles. I look at him with furrowed brows while taking a sip of my drink. "What?".

"Nothing, you just seem so dazed by Aria and she is only holding your hand. I can't imagine what would you be like if she did something more" he practically laughs at me now.