The Challenge Begins

*hi! I know I said I wasn't gonna update... but I needed to write after I had inspiration!*

Y/n pov

I was standing on the opposite side of the court with my team. I looked over the boys team. They weren't that big of a team right now since Noya and Asahi weren't here. Even the supposed new first years, Hinata and Kageyama, weren't here.

"I guess maybe Daichi didn't let them in yet."

Then, a door opened and in walked Hinata with Kageyama right behind him.

"Never mind. Guess they were late."

"Hurry up you guys! You're late!" Daichi yelled

Both Hinata and Kageyama ran to the team. Hinata was staring right at me as our teams faced each other. Then, at the sound of the whistle the coach blew, we ran to our sides. I was in the back this time.

"Guess that makes sense. After all I am the Ace."

Daichi was up to serve first. He hit the ball perfectly but as it was about to reach the net, it started to lose speed and started falling. I ran quickly and then dove for it before it hit the ground.

"Nice one Y/n!" Suga yelled

I looked up and saw the ball shoot straight into the air and some of the girls went for it. I got up from the ground and saw Suga smiling at me.

"Quite impressive Y/n." He said
"Thanks Suga!"
"Hey Y/n! Come here we have an idea!" One girl called

Few points later...

"Okay... now time for the plan."

We were in the lead and we needed one more point to take the win. My team had said we were going to try a synchronized attack. I was going to be the one to spike it in the end. Our Captain was up to serve it. She hit it right over the net and Kageyama ended up setting it to Tanaka. Tanaka hit it back and out setter was lined up for the attack. Myself, the Captain, and two others ran forward. I could see the ball, my eyes trained on it like a cat. We all ran towards it and the other three girls missed but as soon as I jumped, Daichi and Suga figured out what I was doing. They ran to block the ball but I was too quick. I hit the ball with full force and I felt something pop in my shoulder.

"Shit. Let's hope it isn't bad."

Both Suga and Daichi tried to go to keep the ball in, but to no success. The whistle blew as the ball went and touched the ground right next to Hinata and Kageyama. Both first years looked my way and Hinata was smiling like an idiot.

"WOW THAT WAS SO COOL Y/N! YOU GOTTA TEACH ME!" Hinata yelled

I went to give him a thumbs up but the pain in my shoulder came back. This time it hurt like hell. Daichi, Suga, and Tanaka could see my pain. Daichi ran over and tried to look me over.

"Daichi I'm fine I swear. Nothing is wrong."
"That's a lie. You clearly are in pain."

"Yeah I am. But you can't look at that shoulder. That's the shoulder that got hit from the beating I got yesterday."

Daichi looked my arm over and his hands went to my shoulder. He grabbed it and as soon as he touched it, it started to hurt.

"Sorry. This is going to hurt."
"Huh?"

And then he popped my shoulder back. I screamed in agony and poor Daichi was on the verge of tears.

"Y/n! Are you okay?! Jeez I didn't expect it to hurt that much."