Does It Get Better?

*hi! Kuroo here! Hope you all are enjoying this story!! Give me opinions on where you think some of this should go!*

Y/n pov

"Surely today can't suck more than yesterday... right? I mean, come on, surely it has got to end at SOME point right?"

"Y/N SAWAMURA YOU BETTER WAKE UP I AM NOT RUNNING TO SCHOOL AGAIN!" Daichi yelled

I shot up and ran to my closet. I changed into the uniform and put my homework and such into my bag. I looked at my volleyball bag as I grabbed my regular school bag.

"Maybe... maybe Suga was right." I muttered
"Suga was right about what?"

I jumped and turned around. There stood Daichi, smiling like an idiot.

"What did Suga say?"
"Oh uh... that volleyball is the coolest sport ever!"

Daichi looked puzzled.

"Okay... why is that important?"
"We uh... we talked last night."

Daichi's brain seemed to snap.

"Excuse me?"
"What? Suga has my number. We talk all the time. He's my friend too you idiot."

Daichi took a deep breath.

"Jeez okay I'm sorry for getting a little angry. You know how protective I am with you and my friends. I thought you were going to say you and Suga were-"
"Ew no! Daichi what the hell is wrong with you? He's your best friend!"
"I know! I was just very confused!"

I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe we should go. We don't want to be late."
"Right. Let's go."

Arriving at school...

Once again, Noya was there to greet me. This time, Tanaka wasn't with him. Instead, he was alone. He saw me and smiled. He waved to Daichi and motioned for me to follow him. Suga then appeared from behind the stairs and went to Daichi. My brother and his friend then walked away and I walked over to Noya. He did NOT look happy. He grabbed my wrist and told me to follow him.

"Y/n. We need to talk."
"Talk? About what?"

He walked us to one of the school fields. He just stood there in front of me.

"Y/n how come I have to hear from Sugawara that you were hurt by your own team? Why didn't you tell me? I'm your best friend!"

I could see only a single tear in one eye.

"I thought... I thought you trusted me." He muttered

"Noya! I do trust you! I just... I don't want you guys to fight my battles for me... especially Daichi."

Noya just looked at me, his body shook ever so slightly.

"Y/n come on... we've been friends for years. You could've just told me to not to tell Daichi! You know I love you and respect you right? I do however, worry about you... all the time. I hate hearing about it from my friends instead of you telling me to my face."
"Noya... I'm so sorry."

He used his jacket sleeve to wipe away the tear.

"It's fine. Just... promise me you'll tell me when stuff like this happens... okay?"

He smiled at the last part.

"Fine. I promise. Can you promise one thing to me?"
"Huh? Okay."
"Promise me you WON'T tell Daichi. Promise me you will only speak of this to ONLY me or Suga. Got it? No one else can know, not even Tanaka!"