Introduction to the school

*hey hey hey! Kuroo here! So... this was a thing I posted about on TikTok and it seemed to get a LOT of traction with my audience and people seemed to like the idea I have! Hope you enjoy! (Second fanfic ever!)*

Edited: November 9th!

Y/n pov
Okay, since your reading this, might as well tell you my name. My name is Y/n Sawamura and yes, my older brother is the one and only Daichi Sawamura, aka the Boys Volleyball Captain. We've done everything together, since we were kids. We both grew up with volleyball, and it eventually became our thing we did every day after school and even before school the next morning. We stopped doing this "tradition" after Daichi went to Karasuno High and became the best on the volleyball team. My brother Daichi was two years older but one year ahead of me. He even went to nationals. Daichi wasn't the Ace or anything, but he was still important to the team. I always wanted to be the Ace or heck, just be playing the top position, the Captain. Now even though I didn't have Daichi around as much, I had a friend named Nishinoya Yū, aka the most active Libero I've ever met. He's absolutely CRAZY on the court. I've known him since we were little kids and we both grew up with volleyball. He plays on the Karasuno High team with Daichi. However, I'm switching schools now and will be a second year like Nishinoya at Karasuno. But hey, at least I get to spend the days with Noya! What could possibly go wrong?!

Few months later...
"Y/n! Wake up! We'll be late! You can't be late on your first day!" Daichi yelled

I sat up slowly and rubbed my eyes. I looked up and saw Daichi standing in the doorway. He smiled and tossed me a bag. It was a school bag. I yawned and got out of bed.

"What?"
"Nothing. I'm just tired."

He shrugged.

"Well this is what you get when you and Noya spend hours and hours practicing for so many days straight."
"But it's worth it if Noya wants to become the best Libero and if I want to be the star Ace."

He leaned against my dresser and crossed his arms.

"Look, I'm not mad that your practicing a lot... but you both are out so late and-"
"Daichi calm down. Nothing has happened to me or Noya. We're fine."

He just smirked.

"Fine... but if Noya does something to you I swear to god I'm going to beat his ass into the ground."
"Daichi! He's my friend!"
"I know. And I respect him too, but you know how worried I get about you while I'm not around."
"I know! Just please don't beat the shit out of him... like ever... please? For me?"

I tried to give him puppy eyes, but it didn't work.

"Ugh... come on Y/n you know that doesn't work."

I stuck my tongue out at him.

"You're no fun."
"I'm very fun! Sugawara says I'm fun!" He sassed

I've met Suga before. Daichi invited him, Noya, and basically the entire club to the house last year. Suga was really kind to me. He somehow knew how I felt with the crowd of people... I hated crowds. Daichi understood that as well, but he wanted to wish the 3rd years goodbye. That was the day Daichi became captain as well. I hated that day. Daichi got what I wanted really bad. I remember being angry at him afterwards. Suga had seen how I reacted and asked me if I wanted some space from Daichi, so he let me stay at his place. Noya knew how I had reacted as well. He did the same the next day. I loved both my friends with all my heart.

"Y/n! We gotta go!" Daichi yelled snapping me out of my thoughts

He basically dragged me out of my room after I changed. He then walked (basically ran) us to school.

After you reach the school...

"Y/n! Daichi!" A voice called

I looked and saw it was Sugawara. He smiled and ran to us. Both Daichi and I were out of breath.

"What happened to you guys?" Suga asked
"We... we had to run." Daichi wheezed
"Y/N-SAN! ITS ME!" Another voice called

I look around and saw Noya standing not to far away and ran to us, with his friend Tanaka behind him. Noya ran up to me and tried to hug me, but since he's shorter than me, it didn't work well. Daichi is 5'11 and I'm 5'8 while Noya is 5'2. He's massively short for a volleyball player, but he's the Libero, so it doesn't matter what his height is.

"What's so funny Y/n-san?" Noya asked
"Nothing. It's just funny how much shorter you are than me and yet you still go for hugs!"
"HEY! JUST BECAUSE IM SHORT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN LAUGH AT ME!"
"Guys come on. We'll be late." Daichi said

Hours later...

"Finally! I can sign up for clubs! Volleyball club here I come!" I thought

As I walked to the area to sign up, I walked into someone. They turned around and I saw it was a tall dark haired boy. His eyes and glare were angry. He clearly wasn't happy. He was younger than me however.

"Watch it." He growled
"Sorry."

He looked at my sweater. I was wearing Daichi's team sweater because I hadn't gotten one before and I liked how big his jackets were on me. His eyes went to stare at me again.

"You play?" He asked in a low voice
"Yeah. I'm signing up for the girls team now."
"Then... why are you wearing a team jacket with the boys team on it?"
"Oh... it's uh..."
"Whatever. I don't have time for this." He said walking off

I was left alone.

"Hey! Y/n!" A voice called from behind me

I turned around and saw Asahi, the former Ace of the boys team. I heard from Daichi and Suga that he was having a tough time mentally and took time off. I didn't know if he retired fully. I wanted to be just like Asahi, tall and the most powerful Ace anyone has ever seen. He walked over and smiled.

"Wow! Are you joining Karasuno now?"
"Yep!"

He pulled me in for a headlock. He rubbed my head with his knuckles.

"Awww Daichi's sweet baby sister is now a crow like the rest of us!"
"Hey! Let me go! I-"
"Asahi! Hey! What are you-"

It was Noya. Asahi let me go and Noya was staring at me and then at Asahi.

"What is going on?"
"Nothing. Just congratulating Y/n on joining Karasuno." Asahi said shyly

Noya grabbed my arm and took me over to the girls team signup.

"Bye Asahi! See ya later!" I yelled before Noya took me out of Asahi's vision

Hours later... again...

I was on the team! Let's do this! Practice is after school tonight! Team looked kinda small though. Daichi, Suga, Tanaka, Noya, and Asahi were all happy I joined the "rival" team to the boys.

"One day Y/n-san, I want to challenge your team to a duel!" Noya yelled
"Your on!"

Then... I went to practice and waved my brother and his friends goodbye.

"Maybe this wont be so bad! I get to see Daichi, Sugawara, Asahi, Tanaka, and Nishinoya more!"

"Hey you! New girl! Come on! Practice starts soon!" A girl called

I ran to the team and set my stuff inside. All the girls were looking at me. They knew who I was, they knew my brother and they knew the guys on the team. They knew I was always with them. They just gave me dirty looks.

"Okay... what is going on?"
"Heads up!" A girl randomly shouted

Then, a ball came right for my face as I turned to hit it. I fell to the ground on my knees and felt another ball pelt my shoulder and then my leg.

"What is going on? Maybe they just missed..."

Oh how wrong I was...

To be continued...

*hey hey hey! Do you guys like this story so far? Did I do a good job? Let me know!*