Chapter 7: Zach

I hear him yell, "WHO THE HELL IS THERE" I squint my eyes hoping he wouldn't come further but his footsteps crunch louder approaching the door.

I quickly unzip my backpack to look for something useful I have, then, I recall my mom telling me on the first day of my freshman year

"I'm keeping this in your backpack, this is only to be used in dire situations okay?"

I quickly unzip the left pocket of my backpack and pick up a black metal object reading Pepper Spray, Suddenly the door opens, I look up at his horrid red face, he quickly grabs me by the arm pulling me up with his rough hands, "get up right now."

I stumble trying to stand up, but instead, he drags me inside the classroom slamming the door behind him, "sit in the fucking desk" I comply with him and analyze his face, he had thick furrowed eyebrows and a goatee, he had on a muscle shirt that had an American flag on it, ew.

I quickly turn to the desk where Ms.Garcia was sitting she looked at me in pure terror, I was scared too, I just didn't want to show it.

In these situations, I really don't know what to do. it's terrifying because I want to do something, but my body doesn't allow me to move. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's like when you want to speak out but you can't, so you just let everything happen, and it's terrible, it really is because then I realize a week later what actually happened.

"So YOU'RE the faggot that likes her?" he laughs hysterically at my face, "please, Zach don't hurt her, she is just a student" so his name was Zach? That made this even worse, he steps closer to my desk and leans down, I could smell his coffee breath and I quickly turn away, but he grabs my face with his hands and forcefully turns my head towards him.

"you stupid bitch, you probably think you're the shit don't you?" "ZACH STOP PLEASE" I hear Ms.Garcia cry out "please... Za-"

"Or what? hm, Teresa? What are you going to do about it?" He lets go of my face and starts walking towards her desk, with each step he took you could hear the glass crunch under his feet, "I'll do whatever you want, I'm sorry Zach just don't touch her."

He forcefully yanks her hair to the side making her whimper in pain, I wince my eyes at the sight of her trying to pry his hands away, "anything you stupid bitch? Anything for your little dyke friend here?" she started squirming in her seat, she tried o sit up but he was just too strong.

So this is it, this is how it feels to be useless, to not save the one thing that you care for, I guess we might end up with some bruises but there's nothing I can do.

I look down at my hands trembling and sweating from fear and look up at the pain Ms.Garcia was in, I'm such a pussy what the fuck.

Suddenly a burst of adrenaline pumped through me and I grab the pepper spray hidden in my pocket, I had to do it.

I stand up from my desk, and stop in front of Zach's back, (he was about my height which did give me a little bit of confidence) he slowly turned around and looked at me, "who told you to get out of your seat?"

I stand there in silence, suddenly fear crept up my spine again... shit, he raises his hand above his head, and I know that position, I knew exactly what was about to happen.

***"you useless bitch, why can't you answer the fucking question?" my dad raises his hand and slaps me across my face, a sting spreads on my cheek as I held back tears, I was getting used to the sensation, yet it still surprised me.

No, this has gone far enough, I quickly hold the pepper spray up to his face, and a white stream sprays into his eyes, he quickly stumbles back with his hands on his head crying in pain, "FUCK, YOU BITCH" he drops down to the ground and rubs his eyes in agony, I quickly grab Ms. Garcia's hand and we run out the door, I could hear him still shouting "TERESA THIS ISNT OVER!"

I run faster with adrenaline coursing through my body, all I knew is we needed to get somewhere safe, and fast.

As we ran to the parking lot I could hear Ms. Garcia crying and mumbling random words, "it's okay Ms.Garcia I will get you somewhere safe." I reassure her, we get to my car and I open the door, she quickly gets in the passenger seat and I make my way to the front, I sit down, and start the engine, grabbing her hand "Ms. Garcia let me get you home, everything will be okay I promise" I could feel her tremble a little less and she sits back in her seat, god this was a nightmare.

I start the engine and drive off "I'm so sorry" I hear her whisper, "don't be sorry, none of it is your fault" I gave her a sly smile and pull up to her driveway, (which I had so happened to memorize), everything was going to be okay for now:)

uh yea that's the chapter was it good...? lol lmk