He laughed. " In this? Come on."

" I'm serious. I like it." I laughed taking in his outfit. He wore a plain grey shirt and black jeans with sneakers. "It looks comfortable."

"Well, compared to those heels, I'm sure it is."

I laughed. " I know! I'm so ready to get it off." I said glancing down at my heels.

"And then you'd be short again." He said smirking.

"Oh please, not you too!" I lamented closing my eyes as he laughed.

" I'm just saying!" He grinned. "Even with heels, you still look up at me."

I scrunched up my nose and rolled my eyes.

" But it's cute." He added.

I smiled shaking my head as he smiled back.

"Look, I know we've already talked about this but, I just want you to know that I really am truly sorry about everything and-"

" I forgive you." I cut him short. " I'm also really sorry about your brother, Gabe."

" It's fine." He smiled once again. "Do you think, we could be friends?" He asked carefully.

I grinned. "Of course." I held my hand out to him.

He took it and shook it. "You are an amazing person. Honestly." He let my hand go.

He checked his watch and sighed. "I have to get going. My flight leaves in a couple of hours. I need to find James."

" That's fine. You have a wonderful trip."  I have a small wave as he started moving backwards. "And call me when you land in Australia!"

He laughed and winked. "Definitely."

He turned and left. I sighed as I stared at his retreating figure and smiled.

That wasn't so bad.

I turned and walked towards my friends. Well until Matt appeared in front of me and almost gave me a heart attack.

"Shit! Matthew!!" I breathed heavily.

He chuckled. " Sorry." He looked behind me. " Was that Gabe?"

"Yeah. He came for the graduation with James. He's going back to Australia."

" That's nice." He looked back at me. " So everything's okay?"

I put my arm in his and smiled up at him. "Everything's perfect."

~~~~~~~~~

"Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight! I love cheap thrills!!" I and my friends were belting at the top of our lungs to the music being played.

I was using a hairbrush as a mic with Julie and Naomi belting with me. We barely let Sia sing her song in peace and danced like we didn't care.

"Ugh...you guys sound awefull!" Seyi complained. "Let singers sing" He said as he sat down with a bottle of coke in his hand.

"Oh shut up and join us!" Juliet countered.

We were in Matt's house for a small after-grad party. Well small as in all ex students were there. And most of them were looking at us cause we looked drunk. Well, I felt drunk. So free!

I noticed Matt sitting with Tj and just watching us while sipping his malt. I grinned at him and danced facing him. He smiled, then laughed and shook his head. He watched me as he finished his drink, and with a pointed look, left the area we were gathered. I followed him  after a moment.

I left in time to see him slip into the house at the other end of the compound. The house he'd locked us in some months ago.

I opened the door and walked in. The lights were off and it was a bit dark.

"Matt?" I called out while trying to look for the lights.

"I'm here." He said from somewhere inside.

" Where? And why the heck are the lights off? " I moved further and saw his figure standing close to a desk.

I walked towards him and he pulled me close into a hug.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

I felt him chuckle on my shoulder. "Why?"

"I don't know..."

"Do I need a reason to hug my girlfriend?"

I laughed at that and shook my head. He kissed my cheek.

"I'll miss you."

"We practically live next door to each other. I'm not going anywhere, at least not yet." I laughed again.

" No... I'll miss seeing you everyday in school. I'll miss school because of you."

I pulled away. " Again, we are neighbours. If you want to see me, you can just come visit." I hugged him again. " But you're right. I already miss school too. This was one hell of a year." I said chuckling and sighed. " But I came out on top."

"You remember the first day we first met?" Matthew asked rubbing circles on my lower back.

" Of course. The day you fell on top of me and then behaved like a jerk afterwards."

He laughed. " Well I'm sorry, but that was your fault."

" I disagree.... Someone's ball was right behind me. I tripped."

" And we landed in quite the position." He paused. " I've wanted to kiss you since then."

" I don't know how that makes me feel..." I said causing him to laugh.

" I know how much of a jerk I was. No need to filter it."

"So you're not a jerk now?"

" Am I a jerk now?" He said pulling away.

" I don't know..." I said with a lift of my shoulders.

He poked me with his index fingers on my side, causing me to yelp. "Really? You don't know?"

"Wait I-" I started protesting when I could see the mischievous face he'd given me. My protests were drowned by my laughter as I begged him to stop.

"Stop...tickling..me!" I said between laughs and squirmed.

He paused and asked again. " Am I still a jerk?"

"Even more so" I grinned already protecting my sides, expecting him to try and tickle me again.

What I did not expect however, was his lips crashing down on mine.

But, I'm not complaining.

I kissed him back as my body ignited, performing inner wonders on it's own. My hands went around his neck and I pulled him closer. He pulled my waist closer till there was no space between us.

It felt so hot. I think my body was on fire.

I pulled away moments later to look at him. Even in the dark, I could see his features. I touched his face softly and stared up at him.

"I hit the jackpot with you, didn't I?" I said softly. He gave me the relationship I'd always craved for. He was there...and he made my life feel...perfect.

¶•••••¶

Hi!!!

Vote, comment and share o! I'm back...and I have plansss!!!

He he...do you like the chapter?
Please let me know!!

Xoxo. Ilya
Bye!!!

Mooresome😘