Prologue

The gods were alert. They were aware that a strange power was approaching the throne room. Zeus had  his lightning bolt ready.

A man entered the room. He didn't walk, he floated a couple inches above the ground. He wore a white chiton with a belt of pure gold. He had a green cloak over the chiton. A hood shadowed his face. He wore black boots. A sort of halo was above his head.

"Who are you?" Zeus demanded.

"I have come to ask a favor." the man said.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?" Zeus asked coldly.

"You're not even going to let me finish?" the man asked

"What I want to know is how someone as powerful as you has passed under our radar for so long." Hera said sharply.

The man laughed. His voice seemed to gain a slight echo.

"You didn't really think you were the only gods, did you?"

"I'm going to have to ask you to stay leave." Zeus narrowed his eyes. There was no way that this man was a god.

"What about my favor?" the man asked, taking on the tone of a child.

"We would like to ask you some questions."

"I would rather not answer."

"You haven't even heard the questions." this man was starting to annoy Zeus.

"I'm not answering anything until I get my favor."

"I'm not giving you any favors!" Zeus stood up and walked over to the man, towering over him.

"Do gods not help each other?"

"Who are you." it was not so much a question as a statement."

"I-"

"Look me in the eyes when speaking to me."

The man looked up. His face was covered by a white mask. The letters XD were printed on the front. "I am the Protector."