BACK TO THE WAY WE WERE

CHAPTER-29
BACK TO THE WAY WE WERE

"Austin, wait!" I shrieked as I followed him down but my voice fell on deaf ears. And he was walking so fast, I couldn't keep up even though I was running.

I sprinted down the stairs with Austin in front of me and André on my heels. "What happened?" André asked.

"Stop him!" I almost yelled. Austin could be violent, that much I knew. And he didn't think when he was angry. And I didn't want him to go behind bars because of me.

We all marched down the stairs to watch Rossi standing in the living room with a shit eating grin. "Mr. Archer. I didn't know you were home too. If I had then would've invited Capo too."

Yeah, to invite his death, right?

"Austin, stop!" I gasped, out of breath. One second, I was trying to stop him, the next, his large frame slammed into Rossi's bulk and pushed him straight to the floor.

I stare in stunned silence as Austin smashed Rossi to the ground. Although Rossi was bigger, Austin didn't show a sign of backing off. He launched successive blows at Mark's face and abdomen like he was a punching bag. It took Rossi long seconds to gather his wits and hit back. He used his upper bulk to push Austin into the ground and fixate him with a knee to his stomach before he punched him over and over again.

Something twisted in my chest at the constant slaps of flesh against flesh.

But maybe it was not because of the violence. Maybe this was because of something else.

Nope. I was not going there.

Soon after, Austin took the upper hand. Their view wasn't so clear with them rolling on the ground, wrestling to get the upper hand.

I didn't have to see the blackness in Austin’s mood to feel it. It permeated the air like a suffocating, impenetrable smoke.

"Angelo, let him go!" André tried to pull Austin away but it was of no use. Austin was not only fighting Rossi, he was out for blood.

“Stop it!” I shouted when I was partially out of my stupor. “Stop!”

Neither of them listened. If anything, their punches and grunts became more violent. At this rate, they'd kill each other.

André was trying his best to pull Austin away when Romero, Scott and two other guards joined him and they finally managed to separate him but not before Austin punched Rossi in the face so he fell to the ground. When he  pushed to his feet, obviously ready for another round, Scott pulled him away from Austin.

“Fucking bitch,” Rossi muttered under his breath while dusting his trousers. “Can’t see what’s so special about her.”

“What did you just say?” Austin was in his face in a second.

I stride to them and placed a hand on Austin's shoulder. “Let him go, he’s not worth it.”

Rossi gave a lopsided smirk that smeared the blood from his lips over his teeth. “Listen to your slut, Archer.”

Before I could see the gloom on Austin's face, I felt it.