[10] Can you change your fate?

Start from the beginning

"Ladies and gentleman!" A loud announcement suddenly grabs my attention. "The President of the United States!"

Loud patriotic music blares through the space and suddenly a bunch of old looking guys in suits walk up onto the stage.

"My fellow Americans," the President speaks. "Today we face the gravest threat in our history...mutants. We have prepared for this threat. In the immortal words of of Robert Oppenheimer, 'Behold, the world will never be the same again.'"

As trumpets start to play a scowl comes over my face. I wish I could just kill him right now. That I could jump up onto that stage and show him how much of a 'threat' mutants can really be. The reasonable part of my mind doesn't let me do that though. We don't want to be seen as a threat, we want to be seen as...well I'm not quite sure. I'd prefer to be seen as the superiors that we are, but I can take a wild guess and say that the others I'm traveling with might not feel the same. If there's one thing we all want though, it's for a war to not break out. And what I want to do, what Raven wants to do...a war is all that will come of it.

A ginormous curtain suddenly falls, revealing the ugliest things I've ever seen in my life. I'm not even sorry about saying that, I'd scream it to the world if I could. They're these ten foot tall robots that look just like some kids toy. I swear, they're even painted an obnoxious purple. If the government wanted the United States to appear strong and put together, they failed miserably.

"Raven." Charles says and points to someone. "I have her. There, you see? The Secret Service man. To the left of the stage."

"Got it," Logan nods.

Charles looks to us. "Go."

Hank, Logan, and I take off in a fast paced walk. Trying our best to make it over to Mystique without drawing too much attention. In front of us, the Sentinels start rising into the air. That's when a quick thought rushes through my head. It's coming from one of the men up on the stage...

"Somethings happening," I tell the others.

Hank questions, "what are you talking about?"

"The Sentinels," I start. "They're not supposed to be activating. Someone else is controlling them."

Logan curses under his breath before he grabs my arm and continues to move forward. "We'll deal with that next."

As we continue to walk, a man comes up to us and puts out his arm.

"Gentleman, Miss, you cannot pass this point." He tells us.

Logan's about to open his mouth when a loud popping noise fills my ears. My eyes instantly dash upward only to see the Sentinels openly firing onto the crowd. Screams of chaos break out as people go running in all directions.

As I look up at the sky though, something even worse grabs my attention.

"Shit," I murmur.

With a loud thud, what looks like the outer rim of some kind of sports stadium starts dropping down on us.

"Charles!" Logan shouts.

I follow his eyeline only to see Charles directly in the way of a piece of falling debris. We all start running towards him in an instant. I try my best to move the thing as it falls through the air but it's just too big, too heavy. I can't lift it.

I stumble over something hard as my vision gets clouded by dust. A cough escapes my lips. Within only mere seconds the entire White House is surrounded and all I can do to stop any of this is watch in horror.

I hear more gunshots ringing out but they're all out of my sight. My leg is trapped under a large block of cement, I can see it now. When I try to wiggle away though, a throbbing pain explodes through my body. It might not be broken, but I'm definitely not going anywhere soon. Not unless...