𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 6: 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚘𝚛

Start from the beginning

Stiles holds the door open for Y/n as she steps into the library. He steps in after letting the door go, causing it to almost hit Scott in the face. Walking to a nearby table, Y/n sets her bag down and pulls out her history book to work on an assignment. Stiles sits next to her, pulling an apple out of his bag and taking a bite out of it. Scott freezes when he sees Allison.

Derek gave him strict orders to stay away from her. He grabs Y/n's book and holds it in front of his face. Y/n glares at him but reaches into Stiles's bag to grab his history book.

"I think the book's making it more obvious." Stiles mumbles and looks over his shoulder at Allison. "Besides, she's reading, anyway."

Scott lowers the book slightly, but still hides behind it. "So did you come up with a plan yet?"

"I think so."

"Does that mean you don't hate me now?"

"No. But your crap has infiltrated my Iife, so now I have to do something about it. Plus I'm definitely a better Yoda than Derek."

"Okay, yeah, you teach me."

"Yeah, I'II be your Yoda."

"Yeah, you be my Yoda."

"Your Yoda I will be." Stiles says, his voice mimicking Yoda's. He chuckles afterwards but Scott stares at him blankly. "I said it backwards."

"Yeah, I know."

"AII right, you know what? I definitely still hate you. Uh-huh. Oh, yeah."

Stiles stands up suddenly, throwing his books into his bag, including the history book Y/n was still looking at. Y/n yelps suddenly when her bag is grabbed by the boy as he grabs her hand, pulling her out of the library. Scott follows after them.

During the trio's next free period, Stiles drags them out to the lacrosse field. Stiles has his lacrosse bag over his shoulder, with his hand pulling Y/n along behind him. Sitting on the bench, Stiles pulls a strap with cords out of his bag and hands it to Scott.

"Okay. Now...Put this on."

"Isn't this one of the heart rate monitors for the track team?"

"Yeah, I borrowed it."

"Stole it." Y/n corrects him.

"Temporarily misappropriated. Coach uses it to monitor his heart rate with his phone while he jogs, and you're gonna wear it for the rest of the day." Stiles explains then hands a phone to Scott.

"Isn't that Coach's phone?"

Y/n smiles raising her hand. "That, I stole."

"Why?"

Y/n shrugs, "I'm his favorite. He won't care.

"AII right, well, your heart rate goes up when you go wolf, right?" Stiles says, ignoring the two as he grabs his stick and a ball. "When you're playing Iacrosse, when you're with Allison, whenever you get angry. Maybe Iearning to control it is tied to Iearning to control your heart rate."

"Like The Incredible Hulk."

"Kind of Iike The Incredible Hulk, yeah."

"No, I'm Iike The Incredible Hulk..."

"Would you shut up and put the strap on?"

Scott does so as they walk towards the middle of the field. "This isn't exactly how I wanted to spend my free period."

"AII right." Stiles mumbles as Scott staps the heart monitor on, standing 10 meters away from the two with his hands bound with duck tape "You ready?"

"No."