𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 5: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚎𝚕𝚕

Stiles sat in the passenger's seat of his dad's cruiser, munching on curly fries

Stiles sat in the passenger's seat of his dad's cruiser, munching on curly fries. Due to the stress of being a sheriff, Stiles and his dad never really got to sit and eat dinner together anymore. At least not after Stiles's mom died.

"Mmm." The sheriff groans, looking into his bag. "Did they forget my curly fries?"

"You're not supposed to eat fries, especially the curly ones." Stiles mutters, eating his own curly fries.

Noah Stilinski scoffs, "Well, I am carrying a Iethal weapon. If I want the curly fries, I will have the curly fries."

"If you think getting rid of contractions in all your sentences makes your argument any more Iegitimate, you are wrong."

Stiles shrugs at his father's unimpressed look, taking a bite of his burger. Suddenly the radio in the car crackles to life, a voice coming through.

"Unit One, do you copy?"

Stiles reaches over to grab the mic, his father slapping his hand away.

"Sorry."

"Unit One, copy."

"Got a report of a possible 187."

Stiles whips his head around to face his dad, curly fries falling out of his mouth. "A murder?"

Pulling up to the Rent-A-Movie building in the center of town, Stiles sits up straighter in his seat, trying to see into the building. His dad pauses to look at him.

"Stay here." He orders before crawling out, the door closing behind him as he shouts to an officer standing nearby. "Paul, Iet's get this area Iocked up."

Stiles looks at the ambulance, pausing as he notices Y/n standing by Lydia, the latter staring straight in front of her as Y/n wraps her arm around the red-head. Jackson waves his hands around, yelling at the EMT.

"Oh, no way." He mumbles. He quickly glances around him, seeing his dad talking to an officer. He quickly climbs out of the car, rushing over to Y/n. His dad sees him but lets it go, once he sees the brunette.

"Hey." Stiles breathes, appearing next to Y/n, the girl smiling at him slightly as she rubs Lydia's back. "Are you okay? Were you here?"

The girl shakes her head. "No, it was just Lydia and Jackson. They left an hour ago to get a movie and next thing I know I am throwing on my shoes after a frantic call from Lydia."

Stiles furrows his brows, looking at the unresponsive teen, before back at Y/n. "Lydia called you?"

"Yeah, she wasn't making much sense though. The only thing I understood was where they were and to come quickly." Y/n mumbles just as the sheriff walks up to the four.

Jackson quickly rounds on him causing Stiles to clench his fists at the insults. Y/n notices causing her to grab his hand. She pulls it apart, allowing her fingers to slid through his.