𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 5: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚎𝚕𝚕

Start from the beginning

"Why the hell can't I just go home? I'm fine."

"I hear ya, but the EMT says you hit your head pretty hard. They just wanna make sure you don't have a concussion."

"What part of "I'm fine" are you having a problem grasping?" Jackson yells, "Okay, I wanna go home."

"And I understand that."

"No, you don't understand, which kind of blows my mind, since it should be a pretty basic concept to grasp for a minimum-wage rent-a-cop Iike you! Okay, now, I wanna go home!"

"Jackson!" Y/n hisses, causing the boy to glare at her. She doesn't back down, however, she fixes him with an unwavering stare that causes chills to go down his spine. "Enough."

Jackson falls silent, mumbling under his breath as he moves to sit by Lydia. The sheriff flashes her a grateful smile, just as a gurney is rolled out, covered with a tarp.

"Oh, whoa, is that a dead body?" Stiles mutters as Y/n helps Lydia stand, the girl still staring blankly in front of her.

"Everybody back up. Back up." An officer calls, pushing the bystanders back a little.

"Hey sheriff, is it okay if I take Lydia home?" Y/n asks, causing the older man to nod.

"Yeah. We'll probably call you later for questioning. Just keep an eye on her." The sheriff calls to the girl as she walks Lydia over to her car. Pulling the door open to the passenger's side, Y/n helps Lydia sit down, before softly shutting it behind her. She turns her head, seeing Stiles hovering behind her.

"I'm okay." She mutters, grasping his hand again. "I promise."

"Just call me if you need anything, okay?" Stiles asks, causing the girl to smile.

"I will." She stands up on her toes, pressing a kiss to his jaw. She smiles at him before backing away and climbing into her car. She waves at him through the window, the boy watching her as she pulls away and drives down the street, until she fades out of view.

The next day, Stiles sat in his least favorite class. Chemistry with Mr. Harris. Since last night, he has not seen Y/n, or Lydia, or Scott.

Harris looked around the classroom, glancing around the room as several unhappy faces stared back at him. "Just a friendly reminder, parent-teacher conferences are tonight. Students below a "C" average are required to attend. I won't name you, because the shame and self-disgust should be more than enough punishment." Harris says, before pausing on when he sees an empty seat. "Has anyone seen Scott McCall?"

The door opens in response, revealing Jackson wearing a tight expression, his face pale. Word travels fast in Beacon Hills, even more so when it involves two popular kids. Every knew that Jackson and Lydia found a dead body last night, and was attacked but no one is for certain by what.

Jackson glances around the classroom, shifting uncomfortably under the weight of everyone's stares. He ducks his head down and speed walks to his desk in the back. Harris follows the teen, leaning down to his level.

"Hey, Jackson. If you need to Ieave early for any reason, you Iet me know." Harris mutters, causing Jackson to give a force nod.

He steps away from the boy, with a pat on the back before walking to the front of the classroom. "Everyone, start reading chapter nine. Mr. Stilinski." Stiles glances up, the cap to a highlighter in his mouth. "Try putting the highlighter down between paragraphs. It's chemistry, not a coloring book."

With the teacher's back turned, Stiles rolls his eyes before spitting the cap out of his mouth, and catching it. Once Harris reaches his desk and focuses on the mountain of papers at his desk, Stiles sits further in his seat, inching towards Danny, who sat in front of him.